Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy plays civilization for 10 years.

Just seen this! Talk about commitment
    Can you imagine playing a single video game for 10 years?
    One man did. And it helped him imagine something else: a bleak, war-ravaged future version of Earth.
    A member of the social news website Reddit who goes by the name Lycerius posted his results from a decade-long game of "Civilization II," a turn-based strategy games in which players build their own society. His epic struggle pushed the game to its limits, further than developers ever imagined or planned for.
    Source
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Re: Guy plays civilization for 10 years.

Thanks for that, great read. They guy has some determination.... I wonder if a game of civ v could last that long. Doubt it, it's not as intricate as 2 :p

"We should probably send him a copy of 'Civ V' and 'Civ V: Gods & Kings." I would have thought they would at least give the guy a copy as a given... make the man a play tester, he must be a master buy now!

Comment

Originally posted by Famous Bull View Post
      Thanks for that, great read. They guy has some determination.... I wonder if a game of civ v could last that long. Doubt it, it's not as intricate as 2 :p

"We should probably send him a copy of 'Civ V' and 'Civ V: Gods & Kings." I would have thought they would at least give the guy a copy as a given... make the man a play tester, he must be a master buy now!
      I was thinking that they SHOULDN'T give him a copy of 5! Though definitely give him Civ 4 with BTS expansion if he doesn't have it.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Yea this is very cool! If you are interested in learning more about it or indeed downloading (and playing) the save-game yourself there is a sub-reddit devoted to the eternal war located here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/theeternalwar

There is a load of fanart / fiction, predictions and a whole load of other info there so I would highly recommend it if you have the time and the interest! :)

Comment

It is an interesting simulation. Makes one wonder about the parallels in real life.

Ever since I found reddit, nothing is new news anymore for me. lol

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X