Resizing Images

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resizing Images

Does anyone know how to re size images without them being all digitally like my signature?
    sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Re: Resizing Images

depends resizing you would like to do, if you want to make a big image small then download something like gimp and you can resize the image very easily with much to any quality loss. But a small image to big, will no matter what program you use, it will turn very pixelated the larger the picture gets. Unless you have a vector image instead of pixel image it will always lose some quality when being resized.

Best thing to do is download Gimp, its pretty much a free version of Photoshop.

Comment

Yep, Photoshop or Gimp are the only ways to go. Also, make VERY sure that you're using the same image proportions otherwise you get a scrunched image like you have where people are too short and fat because theres too much vertical compression to match the horizontal, or they're too skinny because theres too much horizontal to match the vertical. Photoshop makes this nice and easy with a check box that says "constrain image proportions" when you resize. Photoshop also offers several things to reduce pixelation, such as various filtering and resampling methods which can work better for enlargements, reductions, etc.

The drawback is that photoshop can be ridiculously expensive. Unless you have several hundred dollars laying around, go with Gimp. It's free.

Comment

Hey Ferris do you think you could give me a walk through of resizing with Gimp? I did it the best I could and the image still comes out weird.
        sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, no. I dont use Gimp and have no idea how to use it. However, I know theres about a thousand people around here that do, so I'm sure one of them could help. If it was photoshop you were looking for help with, it'd be a different story. Sorry dude!

Comment

Its ok man! No worries. So anyone else use Gimp that can help?
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X