No announcement yet.

Spec Ops: The Line. Worth getting for 25$

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec Ops: The Line. Worth getting for 25$

I've recently purchased Spec Ops: The Line from Amazon's July sale (activates on Steam), got a few hours into single player and must say it's worth the 25$

Non-US shoppers can also checkout Amazon Digital Download deals by entering any valid US address as the delivery address.

If you are on the fence, here is more info on the game.

Review roundup
    Eurogamer - 8/10
    IGN - 8/10
    Strategy Informer - 7/10

Originally posted by Strategy Informer
    Should you buy Spec Ops: The Line? Well, it's the usual yes and no. Yes if you enjoy the setting and like the idea of a descent into the madness of a buried city, but no if you're fed up of cover-based, Unreal 3 engine-powered shooters. If you get it, you can force your way through the carnage to get to the more interesting nuggets of non-shooting. You won't be disappointed if you do stump up the cash, but neither will you be fisting the air with glee at having made an inspired purchase. It's alright, basically.
    Metacritic info
    current Metacritic score of 75

Launch trailer

I can recommend it if you are looking for a solid single player action game with an interesting setting and a dark story told by Nolan North (aka. Nathan Drake of Uncharted fame) as main voice actor.

It also has MP, but I haven't tried it.
    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Re: Spec Ops: The Line. Worth getting for 25$

Yeah. This game hit my radar when I saw a review say something about a lose adaptation to Joseph Conrad's 'A Heart of Darkness'. Didn't expect the price to go down so quickly.
    No person can simply just be; they are what they do.

Re: Spec Ops: The Line. Worth getting for 25$

I paid the full price was, an ok shooter. Story was pretty good for a shooter. For 25 bucks very worth it.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed