This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being 12 is horrible!

Yes, I'm starting a new thread...again. But, this time let's focus on today's 12 year olds. I am 12, but here is my outlook on my generation. Idiots. None of my friends or fellow students in general can't think of anything else besides girls, high school sex, popularity, drama, and to put it bluntly "Not giving a crap". I think I'm different. I don't listen to the new song everyone likes. I'm listening to Layla by Derek and the Dominos as I wright this. Kids these days play COD so much, they don't understand war isn't fun and is a sad and terrible thing. "War, war never changes" -Fallout. I've seen enough examples of kids screaming at a TV or even in a mic about how they got quickscoped and I think it's retarded. That's all I think is needed said for now. When I wish to continue, I'll reply to this post. Thank you for your time.

Nathan Lennox

Re: Being 12 is horrible!

Sorry, I was writing on my Xperia. Excuse the grammar "corrections" my "smart"phone made.

Comment

Being twelve for me was at least 50 years ago, (probably more). I'll trade ya kid, believe me twelve aint that bad.

Comment

Yeah, I guess I should enjoy my childhood before I start something in the Navy. It's just students these days are disrespectful and have no morals. I'm almost 13 now anyways, but it's probably only going to get worse. I'm heading to 7th grade in a week, but while I was in 6th, we had 3-4 students sent to a dentention center for use and selling drugs. Let me not say their names, God Bless Their Souls, but that was probably a parenting issue I shouldn't meddle with which is what I normally do at my school, not meddle. We have a lot of drama at school, mostly girls claiming their boyfriend cheating on them.

When I become like you, old, wise, I'm assuming a veteran, I want to go to a middle school and see if things have changed for the best...

Thank you, Nathan Lennox.

Comment

Oh, Mr. Ret. When I said being 12 is horrible (Bad title), I didn't mean I like that, I was talking about how a lot of people on the internet and public in general assume I'm a drama making, disrespectful, COD loving 12 year old. Which I'm not. I've had tough. My Grandfather (probably talk more about this at a later time) was in the Navy, but ended up as a chopper gunner in the Vietnam war. That Grandfather, along with another one that was also in the Navy, were like my fathers. My real dad has been in and out of jail my entire life, so my Grandfathers ,along with my Grandmothers, pretty much raised me. I don't have a good relationship with my mother, she's 26, so when I was born she still left for party's and what not. On April, 10, 2007 my Grandfather I stayed with most the time ,the gunner, died of a heart attack. He was 58 I believe. Maybe younger. I was sick, but I ran to call 911, while my Grandmother, who was a nurse, performed CPR and other small operations, but he was gone. But, this topic was for me saying, I wish people didn't look at me as a normal 12 year old stuck on COD and drama at school.

Thank you for your time, Nathan Lennox

Comment

You have incredibly advanced writing skills for a 12 year old, Nathan.
            Last edited by Dimitrius; 07-22-2012, 07:20 AM. Reason: Forgot the comma.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'm finding it hard to believe your twelve. Your dictation is incredibly advanced for a 6th grader.
              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
              Former ARMA Admin
              Former ARMA TGU instructor
              Former TGU Headmaster
              Current Noob
              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Haha, thank you all. But, yes I am 12. But, I think long hard about these posts because I've experienced being laughed at and being looked like an idiot for trying to stand out among the rest of my fellow students. I just want to make a valid statement and to show I try. Plus, I have to try because I am actually (maybe) going to train to be a marine!

Comment

After further analyzing your posts and writing style, I've developed a theory. My conclusion is that it is incredibly likely that you are one of three types of people.

1. You're a genius level, child-prodigy whose demonstrated writing ability will probably guarantee a Fulbright Scholarship by the time you're 15. (<- and good for you if this is the case)

Or.

2. You're most likely a white male, in the first half, or possibly quarter of your life with a penchant for role-playing and social interaction. This is probably some strange method to get attention.

Or yet still.

3. You're a troll.

I could be wrong.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

No, wait.... What's up with the last two theorys?

Comment

I'm just more open minded and less sloppy then most people in my age group. I'm no genius. I'm A B and C student. To top it all off I usually have a B - C in LA and English. If my my teacher could see me now.

Comment

Trust me, if we ever play ArmA 2 and I talk through mic, I wouldn't sound as formal.

Comment

I'm on most nights. Hop on this afternoon, we have an event and you're welcome to join if you like. There is one spot open. Sign up is in the ARMA 2 forums.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Hopefully I can get on today, the day is going to be tight for me. Have to help at a yard sale and drive a hour. But, I'll try.

Comment

You'll be driving?

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X