Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Free Blockade Runner Gift Code Giveaway

Hello TG!

I've recently purchased ten redeemable gift codes for the full version of Blockade Runner. For those of you who haven't checked it out, it's an alpha-stage voxel-based space adventure / shipbuilding game. ZanMgt are aiming to get a mix of Minecraft's Survival Multiplayer and Borderland's Co-Op gameplay style for a finished product. Check out the demo for free here.

The game is currently a bit short on actual gameplay, so the stars of the show right now are the voxel-based starships being created with the recently revamped editor, which brings us to my little contest.

Competition Theme

Create something with the demo-version of Blockade Runner's editor. Take some screenshots and submit them here. There are no limits on the theme. The editor is geared towards ship and spacestation building, but we've seen AT-ATs, 8-bit characters, asteroid bases, houses and more. Let your imagination run free!

Originality, attention to detail and awesomeness will all be considered in the selection.

PS: If we get enough interest here ZanMgt MAY see fit to throw us a few more free gift codes. So get those entries in!

The Rules
    • Preference will be given to TG supporting members, but quality entries from all members will be considered.
    • You can enter the competition as many times as you would like.
    • If you have already got the full version, feel free to make a submission but ONLY use the DEMO so you don't have an unfair advantage.
    • Explanations of your build are appreciated and may influence your chance of winning.
    • For your best chance of winning, please zip and attach the .BRD file of your build to your post. (found in Blockade Runner / Entities)
    • Competition winners will be decided by myself, unless I can get some admins to weigh in on it.
    • Closing date is planned for the 18th, but may be extended if entries are slow in coming in or if we get more gift codes.

Pssst.... Jeepo, I'm sorry I stole your contest format.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Re: Free Blockade Runner Gift Code Giveaway

Looks like it's time to get downloading this demo!

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
    Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post

Hello TG!

I've recently purchased ten redeemable gift codes for the full version of Blockade Runner. For those of you who haven't checked it out, it's an alpha-stage voxel-based space adventure / shipbuilding game. ZanMgt are aiming to get a mix of Minecraft's Survival Multiplayer and Borderland's Co-Op gameplay style for a finished product. Check out the demo for free here.

The game is currently a bit short on actual gameplay, so the stars of the show right now are the voxel-based starships being created with the recently revamped editor, which brings us to my little contest.

Competition Theme

Create something with the demo-version of Blockade Runner's editor. Take some screenshots and submit them here. There are no limits on the theme. The editor is geared towards ship and spacestation building, but we've seen AT-ATs, 8-bit characters, asteroid bases, houses and more. Let your imagination run free!

Originality, attention to detail and awesomeness will all be considered in the selection.

PS: If we get enough interest here ZanMgt MAY see fit to throw us a few more free gift codes. So get those entries in!

The Rules
      • Preference will be given to TG supporting members, but quality entries from all members will be considered.
      • You can enter the competition as many times as you would like.
      • If you have already got the full version, feel free to make a submission but ONLY use the DEMO so you don't have an unfair advantage.
      • Explanations of your build are appreciated and may influence your chance of winning.
      • For your best chance of winning, please zip and attach the .BRD file of your build to your post. (found in Blockade Runner / Entities)
      • Competition winners will be decided by myself, unless I can get some admins to weigh in on it.
      • Closing date is planned for the 18th, but may be extended if entries are slow in coming in or if we get more gift codes.

Pssst.... Jeepo, I'm sorry I stole your contest format.
      Alright, I have some friends that want the game but cannot buy it for whatever reason...
      I SHALL BUILD YOU THE SHIP OF MY PEOPLE!

Comment

One question:

will the jury check what kind of blocks were used, during the assembly? i ask this because, in the BR demo, the variety of blocks is very limited x.x.

So, if they don't check it, the people that already have the full version, will have a great design advantage.

Comment

Echo, I'm checking for compliance with the demo version of Blockade Runner.

This is part of why it is important that I receive the .BRDs

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Here is my entry, designed to be a colony vessel deployed in groups of 9-14 to begin the colonization of a planet. I would have added crates and the like however there is no block for it, and I didn't like the way the physics crates went towards the center of the ship floating.. was weird. Also, the ship is designed to be computer-controlled while in flight with everyone in a cryogenic sleep on the walls. The black-plated section on the front of the ship would be a door, but as there are none (in the demo, at least) its just frames, of course.

http://bowman1.minus.com/mlPA0pfy1/

The pictures and save are all there. :]

Comment

Can we enter ships that are only partially completed? Because I have an idea for a large warship but I am quite sure I wouldn't be able to finish it within 32x32x32 space..

Comment

Go ahead, but you'll only be judged on what is completed.

Comment

Sorry, the wording of that confuses me a little, do you mean that we will not be judged on it unless it is completed or that only what we have completed of the ship will be judged (IE : the idea of what will be added to finish it will be ignored)?

Comment

Only what you have completed will be judged.

Comment

hours of work for nothing! After completing my ship, the game crashed and, when i try to load the model, it crashes too!!!! Seriously?!!!! Is this game kidding me?!!!!!

Comment

Like...im so pissed off! Why can't i load my file?! x.x BAAAH

can i still upload it? :/

It's really unfair that i can't submit this, taking into account the frequent game crashes that i suffered. Seriously, so disapointed

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. The contest run until the 18th, so I suggest trying to drum up another ship.

Comment

The editor crashes alot. Im done with this game x.x

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse