quadratic equation question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quadratic equation question

have these two problems i wasn't able to finish just wondering if i messed up on them or something.

did the math and everything. just wondering how to finish it...

Re: quadratic equation question

not worried about finishing the answer right now. im prolly gonna find out tomorrow in class how to finish it... but figured id ask just incase i forget..

Comment

Got it a bit wrong vitamin. You put one too many roots in the quadratic formula. here's the solution:

confirmed here:
      http://www.mathsisfun.com/quadratic-...on-solver.html

get caught using that to cheat, I will disavow any knowledge of knowing you. :D

Comment

Math fun but hard, eh?

Don't neglect your quadratic formula - remembering its exact form will save you a lot of time, you'll be using QE for years down the road.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Yep. On the second line of your original post, the "minus five plus-or-minus the square root of" bit shouldn't be there.

|TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
            Math fun but hard, eh?

Don't neglect your quadratic formula - remembering its exact form will save you a lot of time, you'll be using QE for years down the road.
            Not entirely sure how true that is about the QE specifically. It's been well over a decade since I graduated, and I can say that until yesterday, I had not used the quadratic formula a single time since. Otherwise, the point is valid. Always remember your formulas. Because where I dont have to use the quadratic equation, I do have to use this one:
            Cr = [ Vt * Ct ] / [ Vr ]
            Titration. If I dont know that one cold every time I have to prepare a solution for a patient, I could KILL them. So yeah, some of these are important, but it all depends on where you go in life.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X