War of the Roses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War of the Roses

New 3rd person team based game coming out set in 15th century England based on the actual battles of two waring houses (Red vs White). The game boasts authentic weapons from the age and includes mounting up on horses. You can customize your soldier and battle it out with your team on 64 player maps. The game is made by the same team that did Mount & Blade series as well as Magicka and even has a former modder & DICE Dev Gordon Van Dyke working on the project. Lots of screen shots and videos on their page.

http://www.waroftherosesthegame.com/

Today they opened up the pre-orders and give a 20% discount if you have any game from Mount & Blade series in addition to some other goodies for pre-ordering. Is anyone else interested in this game and/or planning to pre-order?
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Re: War of the Roses

It was on my list of Must Buy games, but after watching a few videos on it and seeing the pre-order stuff I'm not so sure anymore.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare on the other hand...That game is starting to look REALLY good.

Comment

That looks awesome too! As long as the game is fun and fair then I am in. I think War of the Roses is going to be loads of fun still.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Just clarifying, Paradox is the same publisher for War of the Roses, Magicka, and Mount and Blade series. The Developers are a studio called Fatshark.

Personally I'll be pre-ordering closer to release date. My heart will always lie with Taleworlds, the developers of Mount and Blade, but War of the Roses purely MP focus deserves my attention as well. This is coming from someone who often plays Warband for 6 hours straight without so much as blinking :)

I'm actually a bit disappointed that WotR is capped at 64. Coming from 200 with Warband, it's a bit of a step down.

By the way, what is wrong with their Pre-Order business, Axis? Seems pretty aesthetic, and no doubt plate will be easily unlockable, if not semi-default.
        Skud

Comment

I will also likely be waiting a bit closer to the release date to preorder, but likely will. Chivalry looks fantastic, but only 32 players? That kinda sucks. I was hoping both games would have at least 75-100 player counts.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Bit the bullet and pre ordered. Fyi if you own any MnB title you get 20% off the top so $23.99 USD before taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
              Axis? Seems pretty aesthetic, and no doubt plate will be easily unlockable, if not semi-default.
              I hope it's still unlockable too, but there's always a chance. If it were a skin I would not have a problem with it, but seeing as how it's weapons and armor, which you know from experience is a big decider in battles. That extra bit of speed/reach/damage makes all the difference in medieval games.

Comment

I've pre ordered it also.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

So when you preorder you're deciding which faction to support?
                  http://www.waroftherosesthegame.com/buy

Does that mean you'll only get those preorder item for that particular faction?

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

From when I read about it. The preorder stuff is the same items just the red rose or the white rose icons for the houses. So if you got it from steam you get the red rose of Lancaster and if you got it somewhere else you get the white rose of York.

The game does allow you to create your own crest.

And if people hadn't realized its out and playable or maybe that is just the preorder starter week. So time for people to hop in game so we can kill together. :)

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Comment

I'm not sure why they decided to put health regen and other perks and buffs into the game, not really a fan of that. Everything else seems really interesting though.

Comment

I don't think it's an actual health regen. I think it allows you to bandage faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                          It was on my list of Must Buy games, but after watching a few videos on it and seeing the pre-order stuff I'm not so sure anymore.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare on the other hand...That game is starting to look REALLY good.

I managed to snag a beta key for this and the game is absolutely epic. The music, sound effects, and combat all come together nicely for a great experience. The mechanics are very skill based and leads to some brutal and satisfying duels. Love it, plus the modes are pretty unique as well. Highly recommend fans of this genre giving Chivalry a try.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnRxtazljg

Comment

Have you also played War of the Roses? Have you played any of the Mount and Blade series? If so how do they compare?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X