Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warface

http://www.warface.com/

A tactical shooter built on cryengine 3. Check out the gameplay tailer on the above link. It's also a free to play.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Re: Warface

Reserved my soldier name / ID about a month ago. Definitely going to give it a try, but I'm not getting my hopes too high for its success. The co-op mode looks interesting but I'm not sold on the idea that it'll bring enough to the table to differentiate itself from the other f2p FPS game out there.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Bubba55 is my reserved name.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Ya know, this could have a lot of things going for it.

It definitely runs the risk of being 'just another Call of Duty', but maybe Crytek will bring their own flavor to things.

They at least want us to think they're doing something different, judging by the trailer.

Another big name pulling out a free-to-play game. A sign of the times?
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Is it suppose to be a real tactical shooter or a tactical shooter in the same sense that COD is?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost1Bravo View Post
            Is it suppose to be a real tactical shooter or a tactical shooter in the same sense that COD is?
            Depends on what you mean by "real" tactical shooter. TG CoD, particularly search and destroy mode, was very tactical.

That being said, Warface is playable in Russia at the moment so there are gameplay videos of it floating around Youtube. It appears to be more in line with CoD / MoH / BF BC2 in regards to flow and map sizes.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Well TG turns everything tactical :) . Out of the box on any server I jump on is it going to be tactical or will I be able to run around knifing the crap out of everyone like a ninja?

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
              Depends on what you mean by "real" tactical shooter. TG CoD, particularly search and destroy mode, was very tactical.

That being said, Warface is playable in Russia at the moment so there are gameplay videos of it floating around Youtube. It appears to be more in line with CoD / MoH / BF BC2 in regards to flow and map sizes.

Comment

Well we are the Tactical Gamer community, named that for a reason I suppose.

Comment

|TG| Sethiol reserved. Really wished I could change my forum name to Sethiol. Oh well, and yes any game can be tactical, given the right community and server...to a point. I remember playing COD4 with another group that had their servers pretty locked down. Had to fire scoped, claymores where proximity detonated regardless of friend or foe, and several other rules. I left because of issues with some of the admins and their power struggle.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

So I finally gave it a real try and I got to say , Come-on and try it for yourself Uh Yah!
                    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I did a several rounds of co-op last night and was not impressed. I was the only one who moved with any tactical sense (seeking cover, firing with ADS, burst shots (since there is no fire selector modes), going for a better vantage point. Everyone else just ran around like it was the beginning days of Quake (run-and-gun cowboy antics).

Besides that, the game's weapons and such are just like any other freemium shooter. You don't own any of the weapons other than the default ones. Any attachments or new weapons need to be leased for a in-game credit fee. And you'd have to put in at least 20 hours of gameplay every week just to maintain the weekly loan fees on a single rilfe. Disappointing in this regard.

Graphically, I thought it would look as good as the video trailers. It does not. It's more along the lines of UT2004-era graphics. Poor shaders, lack of refined details, and very similar movement speeds and animations.

Is there potential for being a tactical shooter? Sure there is, just as long as we can band together and play together. I can't fathom how terrible the online play with pubbies might be...

(Insurgency I feel has more potential, even when it was a free mod for HL2/CS:S.)
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Co-op depends on luck of the draw until you've leveled the character and are able to join the 'skilled' matches and I don't know of any games that rise to our expectations until we have a group of our own in game. The stock weapons are more than adequate and I control fire my lmg and can snipe with it if I choose. We can find clouds for every silver lining and I would really like to see a 5 man squad of TGers take this on. As far as aesthetics are concerned, its not that much different than the original Crysis and far superior to Insurgency so I'll give it a pass on that front.
                        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

So I can confidently say after playing quite a few co-op rounds with Bronco that the game is a lot more playable from a TG point-of-view. The stock weapons are "okay" to "iffy" at best. I really miss the fire selection found in other shooters. Our teammates, probably because of my low rank, were okay to terrible. Lack of coordination hitting a single target in a point on his back (heavy gunner AI). Even after we told them to only hit a certain glowy spot, they still shot at the thing's head or chest. Language might also be a hinderence at times. We had a couple of Spanish-only players for a few rounds and it was next to impossible to tell them where to shoot the heavy gunner. I ended up spending 20+ mins weaseling my way around a indestructible car in order to bring down the heavy gunner.

I'm correcting my statements about the weapons being rentals only. Apparently there are some permanent weapons that can be bought using in-game credits, but they only unlock at rank 9 or above. From what I've seen though, weapon selection isn't all that great. Most of them seem to be clones of each other stats wise with a slight tweak here-and-there. The better ones cost a whopping 8000 credits or more. Considering each multiplayer game and co-op mission only nets you 200-400 credits at most, it's going to take a while to earn enough. Not to mention after some extensive use of your weapons and equipment, you'll have to repair them using credits.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X