Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IMAGES] It's hunting season

Getting ready to hit the woods!
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: It's hunting season

Ooh la la.

Although I prefer a much more traditional setup. Single-shot .270 with handloaded ammunition.

As my father once said to a man carrying a Steyr AUG while hunting seals with his 30-06 Springfield; if you can't do it in one shot, do you really think 4 more are going to help you?
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
      Ooh la la.

Although I prefer a much more traditional setup. Single-shot .270 with handloaded ammunition.

As my father once said to a man carrying a Steyr AUG while hunting seals with his 30-06 Springfield; if you can't do it in one shot, do you really think 4 more are going to help you?
      Lol, can't argue with the logic.
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Sexy...but what do you plan on hunting with that? An entire herd of deer?
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Anything that tastes good with potatoes.....

Comment

Venison can substitute beef in almost anything.
            Skud

Comment

There's room on earth for all God's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes.

~ wsdom from Strait NoChaser
              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                Venison can substitute beef in almost anything.
                Personally i prefer the taste of venison

Comment

Good hunting Ven. Lets see a picture of a massive Racker next. :)

Comment

Ven, how much does it weigh and what are groups like at 300 yds? I have a Remington .243 Win and a Browning .280 depending on which set of woods I go to. One is a necked down .308, the other a necked down 30-06 so ballistics are good and accuracy exceptional for both rounds.
                    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                      Ven, how much does it weigh and what are groups like at 300 yds? I have a Remington .243 Win and a Browning .280 depending on which set of woods I go to. One is a necked down .308, the other a necked down 30-06 so ballistics are good and accuracy exceptional for both rounds.
                      Where I hunt here in Michigan it's rare to take a shot over 150 yds. I site in for 100 and call it good.

Comment

With it's free floated barrel it should have some nice groups. I put a 3lb Timney trigger in my M&P in addition to free floating, and I got some significant group shrinkage.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                          With it's free floated barrel it should have some nice groups. I put a 3lb Timney trigger in my M&P in addition to free floating, and I got some significant group shrinkage.
                          I haven't splurged for the Timney yet. I did a set of j&p yellow springs and did my own trigger polishing and I have it breaking right at 4 lbs. I still want it smoother though so I guess it's back to hand polishing for me.
                          Harlequin did your factory trigger have much creep? I don't mine 4 lbs of pull but my factory trigger just isn't " crisp " enough for me.

Comment

Yeah, the factory M&P trigger is set somewhere in the range of 7lbs and has a good bit of take up, or travel before it begins to disengage the sear. The Timney has no creep and "breaks like glass" as they say, but it's pricey for sure. I'm so impressed with it though I actually just put one in my latest project Remy 700 short action set at 2lbs. Currently getting around 3/4 MOA with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                              Yeah, the factory M&P trigger is set somewhere in the range of 7lbs and has a good bit of take up, or travel before it begins to disengage the sear. The Timney has no creep and "breaks like glass" as they say, but it's pricey for sure. I'm so impressed with it though I actually just put one in my latest project Remy 700 short action set at 2lbs. Currently getting around 3/4 MOA with it.

Holy crap that's nice! How much do you have into that set up?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X