Helo Pilots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helo Pilots

I just graduated from USAF Helicopter Pilot Training down in Ft. Rucker AL, and was wondering if there's any other helo brethren out there in the TG Community. I'll be leaving probably within the next two months to head to Fairchild AFB for SERE, and Kirtland AFB for advanced training before going off to fly UH-1Ns at FE Warren AFB in Wyoming.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Re: Helo Pilots

I used to work on MV-22s in the Marine Corps from May 2008 (June 2007 till then I was in boot camp and training) to April of this year. Went on 2 MEUs and spent time around UH-1Ns and they're awesome. Have you heard if the Air Force plans on replacing their UH-1Ns with UH-1Ys like the USMC?

Comment

Originally posted by mangeface View Post
      I used to work on MV-22s in the Marine Corps from May 2008 (June 2007 till then I was in boot camp and training) to April of this year. Went on 2 MEUs and spent time around UH-1Ns and they're awesome. Have you heard if the Air Force plans on replacing their UH-1Ns with UH-1Ys like the USMC?
      That's something they've been working on for a while.. but.. budgets.. things get cut. Yankee models would be awesome but I'm not sure what the difference in power is between the two honestly

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

A Yankee can take off with 38 rockets, 2 GAU-21s (newer .50 variants-higher fire rate) w/500 rds. each, a spare M240D w/ 300 rds., 4 crew+8 troops, full fuel and still have 1,000 lbs. to work with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X