Clear All

• Modern Military Shooters in a nutshell

Re: Modern Military Shooters in a nutshell

This is pure truth.

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

Pure truth and nothing but. This is why I refused to buy Battlefield 3 until eight months after when it was $20, but yet I don't play it. This is why I refuse to buy Modern Borefare games. This is why I can't touch any modern shooter now unless it's stuck by the normal health meter style gameplay I'm used to, or at least Red Orchestra 2 where it is almost always one-shot deaths. It's hard when the market is flooded with games like these, where there's going to be a new Modern Warfare every damn year, a new Black Shmops every two, a new Battlefield clone, Bad Company or whatnot, every year, and the repeated clones. How can we keep rewarding companies like this just for rehashes while people who present something new to the table barely get scraps? I guess this is where those filthy casuals lead us. (I mean that a bit lightly.)

I do honestly hope EA gets their head out of their bum and releases BF 2143, almost an exact replica of 2142 but with so much more, at least double the content. They would win my respect back, even if they stuck me with Origin, I might go back. But that'll never happen, I know it won't. Why fix something and present a game changer when you get rewarded for spewing out the same game every year, sixty bucks a pop? It's ridiculous.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

That's why I never play single player anymore, it's a waste. Games nowadays, for the most part at least, are built for MP and I'm fine with that.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2zySk-T0ZA - Lets clear that up!

Hmm, I swore I already posted this. NSFW.
          Last edited by UnDeaD; 10-27-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
            You did.

Why was it removed, I wonder...

Comment

Language. You can post a link with a NSFW tag, but not the video

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill Jay View Post
                That's why I never play single player anymore, it's a waste. Games nowadays, for the most part at least, are built for MP and I'm fine with that.
                Alot of what his talking about is aimed at the Singleplayey, I think he even says they should have just release it with MP. That being said MP still has its problems. BF, COD, MW have all become stale, releasing the same game over and over year after year with minor graphical improvements. With very small differences all three game are exactly the same and give me Déjà vu of playing Counter Strike 10 years ago. Still its us we have to blame, these games sell by the ton load even on pc every year.

Comment

No thanks, I'll wait for Arma 3 to spend my money.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2zySk-T0ZA - Lets clear that up!

Oh the comments...

"That's what you get for using Apple maps, Brad!" XD

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Been messing around with Red Crucible in Mac. It's free and isn't that bad. Makes me wish I could play Arma2 though.

WinSpMBT is a good free rts.

Wasn't impressed with the COD MW offerings on the Mac. Black ops and COD MW 2 or 3 were way too short and all in all were eh.

The new Medal of Honor looks interesting though.

I have been enjoying watching the TG Arma2 vids though.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Probably why I my favourite two stock games (play them with mods now) are the ones that I play the most and I tend not to buy new games at all.

Thing is with SP I agree with the video (I've seen a few others of his and they are all rather funny/relevant), but what's good about MP is you can to a certain extent make what you want of it with whom you want. Hence why I reckon many TGers are enjoying this MP because they work together and make something out of it. Some things are player driven not game driven. Not talking about the current market mind, that's gen for the most part just a cesspit :row1_24:

edit::: found this funny
                        AnimalMother
                        Ex TG-31st LR
                        "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                        sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

"Being a Tier 1 operator, I am immune to bullets."
                          "What am I not immune to? Even tiled floors!"

XD I love this guy, he makes me laugh and laugh! :D
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Mech__Warrior View Post
                            Pure truth and nothing but. This is why I refused to buy Battlefield 3
                            I refused to buy it at all...then this little holiday called Christmas came around and my sister bought it for me. Funny ass story, I WAS ON A SHIP WITH NO DAMN INTERNET. So I was stuck with a game I couldn't use for 3 more months, and to be honest I'm not sad at all.

Comment

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...