No announcement yet.

Hurricane Sandy, storm of all storms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Hurricane Sandy, storm of all storms?

So many TG'ers (Dredge and Warlab you probably are in the thick of it as we speak) like myself are experiencing or will be experiencing the supposed "perfect storm" of the century or as the media has dubbed it "FrankenStorm".

Personally I wish they named it "The Kraken" then we could be watching them replay over and over Liam Neeson saying that line from the redux of "Clash of the Titans".

But it is going to be pretty intense. NYC is going to be locked and shutdown. Last train out in all points leaves at 7pm tonight, bridges will be shutdown at 8pm and the subways will be shutdown as well. Evacuations of Battery Park and other places (sucks to be in Staten Island) including parts of Long Island have commenced.

Kind of makes it feel kind of post apocalyptic with a zombie type feel (being that it is almost Halloween).

Where I reside currently in Larchmont NY residents by the Long Island sound have been asked to evacuate due to the weather and the fact that there will be a full moon.

Looks like I will be at the firehouse tonight and all day tomorrow and possibly Tuesday as well.

Should be interesting. I'm more fearful of the wind, especially since there are plenty of trees that have not been trimmed and could make those branches near or resting against power lines real trouble. That and the wind whipping them around.

Anyways. Wanted to get all your thoughts on this. Especially those currently experiencing it if you haven't lost power etc.

Trick or Treat
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Hurricane Sandy, storm of all storms?

Well, I live 3 miles west of the bridge that takes you to Seaside Heights-Seaside Park. This is where they filmed the reality show (Jersey Shore). Anyway, I am well prepared for the storm. Both of my Sons are together up north at my younger son's home to help help him if needed. My wife just took off to stay the next few days with her parents for their safety ( both are in their 80's) and I will be house sitting and riding out the storm. I have plenty of food, candles, lamps, spare water for drinking and washing.

I will be around off and on the computer at times. If I loose power it will be because they shut down substations for safety reasons or a tree has felled the power lines somewhere. The power company will only send out crews to do any repairs after the storm has moved out of the area. This might not be until late Tuesday or early Wednesday. I am hoping for the best but life is life.

Comment

Sitting 3 blocks from the bay at the firehouse. Lol. Let us see what happens.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Well it stopped raining, and it's a little windy. I'm tempted to call out the storm for being a punk but I don't want another tree landing in my yard. Well anyways, I got my smokes and I got my coffee. I am good to go.

Comment

I think this storms all a big HYPE. I'll let you know in a few days if I have power though. MD here, we shall see :)

Comment

National Hurricane Center is calling for a 40% chance of hurricane-force winds in those areas directly in the path of the eye. Landfall of the eye predicted for Monday night. Odds are in favor of it being a topical storm by the time it makes landfall - not that that is anything to scoff at.

Going to be quite the breeze, but the danger may be more intense from the rain and storm surge. (particularly as this coincides with the full moon) Stay safe, and stay away from the water.

My unit has been given a notice-to-move (standby) order in preparation for Sandy's predicted return to Nova Scotia after that cold front stalls it in Quebec and sends it back towards the east coast. Odds are it won't even be a cyclone by the time she gets to me. (though flooding from heavy rainfall is always possible) I'll miss the whole show. ;)

Best of luck to you all.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Riding it out on a 60' boat at the dock. :) Only thing that really concerns us is the tide.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

17 crew abandoned the Bounty this morning off the coast of North Carolina after she began taking on water.

This vessel, with her home port in Nova Scotia, was commissioned for the 1962 film Mutiny on the Bounty. Scheduled to be scrapped at the end of the movie, it was retained when Marlon Brando threatened to walk off set if she were destroyed. It has since gone on to star in Treasure Island and two Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Here's hoping this beautiful vessel is recovered. (and that somebody picks up the crew)
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Sitting at work right on Narragansett Bay watching the waves starting to crash over the walls. Should make for an interesting day!

Unfortunately, the bridge that gets me off the island I work on is only 3' above the water at high tide.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Have fun with that! Hope your plastidip holds up ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Damonte's prepared...

He lives inland.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

If you all lived in a civilized country this wouldn't be happening......

Stay safe, stay dry guys!

Comment

75 miles inland from Dredge, at work cuz Im with our local government.
                          Raining pretty steadily here at the moment. No winds.

For us in western Maryland I don't think this will be so bad, just another hurricane that came up the coast.

|

Comment

I'm in Pittsburgh and everyone is freaking out about the storm, and we're on the far edge of it's path. I doubt we'll see any impact aside from flooding as it's been raining steadily since Saturday night.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Looks like the Bounty has sunk ....

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/10...off-N.C.-coast

|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X