Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Gordon. Female American football star.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Gordon. Female American football star.

If they don't let her play ball when she's in middle school, or high school, it will not be because they think she's not capable.

It will absolutely be because they are afraid of her, in my opinion.
    Please save the reasoning behind why girls and boys don't play football together, I'm pointing out something that goes above current reasoning, at least I am trying too.

I hope she's the first female to break into the franchise, or play college ball, as unlikely as that is.

This interests me and kinda hits close to home. My cousin's daughter is 12 and already playing baseball with male freshman at the high school she will attend in two years because of her outstanding athletic capability, she's a bit of a phenomenon in a northern midwest state at the moment.

Watch the video, for a pee wee player, her stats rival Jim Brown's. If the reporting is true, that is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2088209.html
    Last edited by Dimitrius; 11-07-2012, 08:19 PM.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Sam Gordon. Female American football star.

There's a lot a motivation to run there. I wonder if she will continue to play during High School. When boys hit puberty things get a bit heated.

Great video.
    sigpic

Comment

Hate to be a negative Nancy here, I think she's great and all pee-weeing it up and wish her the best, but High School or college? It's all well and fine playing with boys that are 60lbs to her 50lbs, but I don't want to see the video the first time she's creamed by a 200lb Linebacker.

Comment

I don't think you're being negative, I think you are pointing out a really good consideration. The bottom line in sports should be enjoyment with full regard to the safety of the players and that includes the point you just made about size difference.
        Last edited by Dimitrius; 11-07-2012, 09:31 PM. Reason: To fix the 'duh'

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Awesome video. I donīt know the ins-and-outs of football but it seems to me that having a light, fast and agile person on your team might be a great benefit to the team. Why couldnīt a woman fit that role?
          sigpic

Comment

While yes running backs and wide receivers are often lighter, faster, and more agile then most football players, that is simply with them compared to other football players. While many may only be 5'9" - 5'11", they also weigh ~200-230 lbs of pure muscle. Simply from a genetics point of view I don't think this would even be possible for most women.

Like Dimitrius and Harlequin said, she would have a much, much higher probability of injury if she played against full sized players.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Unless they allow her to add testosterone to her routine :D

I'm being completely serious.

Comment

I would also be worried about sexual assault both real and interpreted. Football is a physical contact sport and I wouldn't put it past some hormone driven male teenager to take the chance to cop a feel. There is also the possibility of some innocent action by a male player being interpreted by her as a sexual assault. Football players can end up in some interesting positions in a dog pile.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                  I would also be worried about sexual assault both real and interpreted. Football is a physical contact sport and I wouldn't put it past some hormone driven male teenager to take the chance to cop a feel. There is also the possibility of some innocent action by a male player being interpreted by her as a sexual assault. Football players can end up in some interesting positions in a dog pile.
                  *Male chauvinist hat on*

Good point. These guys can't keep their hands off each others asses as it is, it's kinda become just another part of sportsmanship. I suppose they'd HAVE to keep their hands off of hers. To be sure she'd have to have her own locker room and showers too. So it's good to have gender equality, but only to a certain point, then it's time to make certain accommodations for them since they're female.

*Male chauvinist hat off*

Comment

I think the whole copping a feel problem could be solved with a cup and a special molded chest piece for her breasts. As for the butt I don't think that is a problem as it is fair game for anyone even the boys/men. Just think "Hey guys that girl just grabbed my butt." "Dude, that's sexual harassment!".

Also what if another girl got into the big games too would they have cat fights???
                    sigpic

Comment

I coached 9-10 year old football when I was stationed down in New Orleans and we had an 11 girl on our team (they made an exception because her being a her) that was our starting running back and she was an amazing athlete. When we played against teams with smaller kids that were majority speed and not so much strength / size, she shined because no one could catch her. When we played a team that had decent speed but big line, we couldn't get her to run up the middle, if that team had hard hitting CB's / Safety's, she would run hard until she got hit hard the first time and than she would just look the Head Coach and myself, just pull me out coach, I'm not getting hard like that again.

that story doesn't really apply to this girl that the story said is "fearless" but if she is anything like the girl i coached, when she starts playing against athletes and not the arm tackling kids I saw in the video her "downhill" running style is going to turn into a lot of out of bounds runs and failed juke attempts.
                      "We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
                      - Colonel Chesty Puller -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X