This is Pretty Pathetic, the name of the investigators should be released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Pretty Pathetic, the name of the investigators should be released

Seriously, this has got to be one of the most pathetic investigations and waste of money I watched yet. Obviously these Investigators are not in contact with the real world, and they should release the names of them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...th-video-game/
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: This is Pretty Pathetic, the name of the investigators should be released

The thing to remember, Service Members are restricted in the actions, based on the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) and by individual Armed Forces Branch Regulations. If they performed these consultations without permission from their chain of command, the US Navy has a case. The US Navy is notorious for disallowing many extracurricular activities, without specific written permission. It was a joke, when I was in the Navy, that you needed a chit for self gratification...if you know what I mean.

If they truly thought they were right, a trial by Court Marshall could have been requested. Seeing as they did not request a Court Marshall, I am going to assume they knew they were wrong. Finally, if it is true that they used classified information to assist EA in the creation of MOH, this breaks their Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA), and multiple Articles under the UCMJ. While I think it is really cool that the US Navy is trying to put a good spin on the Navy SEALs, it sounds like a few SEALs saw dollar signs instead of doing the right thing.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

It would have been ok if they consulted on a Movie which promoted a political agenda then going off on their own trying to make a few extra bucks on their days off..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

re-read what I posted. Its ok if they have permission. Dont look at our days off, like a civilian employee does. We get paid 24/7 and are subject to all regulations even during our days off. In the Army, male Soldiers are not authorized to wear earrings. This includes in, and out of uniform; on and off post. If I want to moonlight, I have to fill out a form, have my NCOIC, OIC, First Sergeant, and Commander sign off their respective permissions; whether its delivering pizzas, building websites, or consulting for EA. It allows the chain of command to look at the alternate employment and ensure there are no conflicts of interest; to protect the Soldier from third and forth order effects of their moonlighting. Had these Sailors completed the Navy equivalent paperwork or request, they may have been warned by JAG about the outcomes of their moonlighting

|TG-IRR|

Comment

I understand where the investigators are coming from with this as well. The SEALs did give details of the operations they have conducted to an outside source and some of those details can be used against them in due time...if the enemy is clever or intelligent enough to do something like that. Then again, the same argument could be made for Act of Valor. While I don't mind them adding their own personal experience to a game to make it more authentic, there are rules that they need to follow.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

@ Mech, yes the SEALs helped with Act of Valor but what they dont tell you is they were forced to by the US Navy. The navy saw it as a great recruiting tool, but none of the SEALs interviewed wanted to do it. Due to the 'quiet professional' thing. But they were basically 'assigned' to the movie. All SEALs have to basically sign an NDA when they join the teams. This covers them while they are in, and well after they get out. While I dont condone the investigations, they knew what they were doing and what might happen. Also, military regulations have strict policies in place for this type of moonlighting. It has to be approved by their command for them to get paid by someone other than the DoD. Chances are it wasn't approved, but they did it anyway getting them in the situation they are in now. Look at the guy who wrote 'The Only Easy Day'. They are hammering him hardcore. Just my $0.02

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

This is Pretty Pathetic, the name of the investigators should be released

I'm pretty sure NDA's were signed by those at EA, and I'm willing to bet that actual missions were not re-created.

I just find it amazing that the wikileaks creator and it's submitters haven't all been arrested but yet these guys are possibly going to/dishonorably discharged.

Plus I think there are more important things to investigate than a video game.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Couldn't agree more. There are more important issues, however everyone likes to crusade against us digital warriors ;) after all, video games warp our fragile little minds. Just look at what they did to wicks.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  I'm pretty sure NDA's were signed by those at EA, and I'm willing to bet that actual missions were not re-created.

I just find it amazing that the wikileaks creator and it's submitters haven't all been arrested but yet these guys are possibly going to/dishonorably discharged.

Plus I think there are more important things to investigate than a video game.
                  Now that is a special case. I do believe we have a right to know what the military is doing behind our backs and without the public's knowledge, yet we don't need to know who is doing what or the specific operations down to the letter.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

EA can sign NDAs all day and night long, its beside the point. The NDA signed by members of the military goes along with new assignments and our security clearance. Every time I change duty stations, I sign a new NDA. They verify my clearance, and I get read on with the new intelligence section. I get told what I can and cant talk about. I get told about local issues and threats, if any. The point being is, even if I think I can talk about things in a side ways manner that wont specifically release classified information, it doesnt mean that someone else hasnt done the same thing and through just alittle patch work from these seperate conversations, people can piece together what is or did really happen.

Their NDA probably says something to the effect that they are to release ZERO DETAILS and maybe even to completely refute any claims as to a mission, its equipment or personnel involved. That is what is so surprising about information being released that ST6 was involved in the killing of OBL. I had the misfortune of dealing with some operators during a rotation. At first glance, they seem very cocky and smooth. Easy to get along with. Once they started drawing attention to themselves from above my chain, they became extremely difficult and felt they were outside the regs. We cut them off, and they disappeared.

I have no doubt that these guys probably did the same. Operators are great for what they do, and I dont hate on them for the BS they go through. But when you draw attention to yourself, be prepared to suffer the consequences.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X