Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I page someone to a thread from its body?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I page someone to a thread from its body?

Fictional post:

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
    "I don't know. @Tony133, do you know?"
    I don't have Billy's answer, and I want to call user "Tony133" to the thread (using syntax within my post), such that Tony gets a PM or something (perhaps that's a user option which Tony controls).

Is that a thing here?

Is that a thing in /any/ widely used forum system? I could see the abuse and value potentials. I'm aware that we presently can PM users and subscribe ourselves to threads.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Can I page someone to a thread from its body?

Don't think so, I have never seen it used.
    Apophis would be the person to speak to about it.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Never heard of something like that being used outside of social networks. You'd have to PM them and ask them to drop in to that thread.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I see "Mentioned" and "Tagged" in our post-side profile overviews. Is that progress toward this thread's subject? *crosses fingers*

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Is most certainly is! In fact, you can now mention someone in a thread like so; [MENTION=38]Wyzcrak[/MENTION]

What will give them a popup notification that they have been mentioned and will assist in calling them to the thread.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I see they appear in my profile, too. Is that public? Is the privacy of that configurable?

This is very nice. Do emails go out in addition to the popup? Is /that/ configurable?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
              I see they appear in my profile, too. Is that public? Is the privacy of that configurable?

This is very nice. Do emails go out in addition to the popup? Is /that/ configurable?
              It is public, and somewhat configurable, but considering it can only display content that the user ALREADY has access to, I set the option to be public.

Emails do not go out, only notifications on the web site and push notifications through clients like Tapatalk.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Very good (regardless of following details -- see below)! Thank you! This will be a big help to me.

I see in /your/ profile that you were mentioned by soandso in posts I can't access. I'm not sure it's any of my business that you're conversing with soandso if it's happening in a thread I'm not supposed to know about or have access to.

I adopted Tapatalk on my Android handset 1 or 3 months ago. It's proven so reliable that email notifications are feeling quite redundant these days, and I may disable them for my account altogether.

I'd love it if the "Mentioned" and "Tagged" post-side counts could link to more information.

Hrm. What /is/ a "tag", exactly, and how do I do that?

Comment

Oh also: I've noticed (in another forum/thread here) that these mentions work when /editing/ a post as well. Very nice.

Comment

HEY HEY [MENTION=9154]UnDeaD[/MENTION]

Comment

[MENTION=15691]Jeepo[/MENTION] is the bomb!? Epic! :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X