just had a bad experience with a mouse for my computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just had a bad experience with a mouse for my computer

So looks like the mouse I have gotten, the Rat 5 Gaming Mouse for my computer a few months back, I now just had to take it off my computer. First problem with the mouse was that when I use the mouse on my mouse pad, either it be a regular cheap mouse pad or the current mouse pad Iím using right now (Razer Vespula double-sided mouse pad), the laser on the bottom of the mouse would get stuck or something and I always had to rub it a little bit to get it working correctly again. Bad if you are flying a Reaver in Planetside 2. I remember it doing that and I wasnít able to pull up and I crashed into the ground a couple of times. 2nd thing to go out on the mouse was mouse button 5, which was my Teamspeak button. It seems the buttons on the mouse do not last very long if you use them too much, not the kind of mouse I want to use especially for most of the games I play. After that I started having problems when I push down on the middle mouse button which I use for a free look in some games including Planetside 2. Recently my right mouse button was getting overworked to where it lost its strength to hold your finger up or if you pick up your mouse off the keyboard and gently put it back down on the mouse pad, it would click. Now the right mouse button is totally gone, happened when I played league of legends. So looks like Iíll be using a stock dell optical mouse for the time being till I get a brand new mouse. was looking into getting the Logitech G9x Gaming Mouse, if anyone has any reviews about it either be good or bad or be able to tell me of a better mouse to use, let me know. Please post they here please.

Re: just had a bad experience with a mouse for my computer

I have a Rat 7 and one of the bottom pads has come off, Im using duct tape for it.

Comment

I'm also looking at the Logitech G400 too. Also wanted to get a Pure Track Mouse Pad. the Vespula mouse pad is alright, but not enjoying the rough side, and the smooth side hasn't been working too well with the mice ive been using.

Comment

I've been using a Razer DeathAdder, its corded but it works like a dream. I don't need a mouse pad to use it, and have never had a trouble with the buttons. I've had it for about 5 years now.
        sigpic

Comment

I bought a Logitech G600 Gaming Mouse.

I don't like it. I am always hitting buttons I don't want to hit when moving the mouse around. It maybe the way I'm holding it but I do not like it and would recommend that you take a long look at it before buying. I had a G5 before it wore out and I loved it.

Let us know what you choose.
          The Old Guy
          kin3
          sigpic

Comment

Been using a Republic of Gamer mouse and I still love it...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Using a G500, going strong for the past year, no signs of wear and tear, using it on a homemade mouse pad, but it will work on most surfaces. Nothing bad to say about it, 1 or 2 more buttons would be nice, also fits my large hands nicely, and the weights that come with it are great as I love a heavy mouse.

The other thing I love is that the top plastic cover over the top of the mouse is all one part, no buttons for left and right, just the flexible top cover that bends when you press left or right.

You can also unlock the mouse wheel from the ratchet and it will spin freely, great for scrolling really long pages.

My last mouse had the mouse wheel totally covered in rubber, eventually after 2 years the rubber expanded and became loose which prevented it from working properly, I would recommend not getting a mouse that has a wheel totally covered in rubber.
              Last edited by MrMojay; 12-07-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I use a G700 at home when gaming and a Razer Deathadder at work. The Deathadder is more comfortable to my hand but it doesn't have enough thumb buttons for my gaming needs. Also the thumb buttons been super cheap, like I could push them right through the body. It's fine for work though.

The G700 feels solid and works very well for gaming. I haven't had much success with the Setpoint software to remap buttons but I don't really remember why I wanted to do that in the first place. I just need to remember to plug the damn thing in when I'm done using it.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I use a M525 mouse, a grand total of 5 (!) buttons, but it works like a charm.

Comment

I have a G700, software was easy. Most mice I get last about 12 months. I have had this one about 18 months though and no issues. Ability to pull it out for wireless things is nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                      Using a G500, going strong for the past year, no signs of wear and tear,...
                      I also have a G500. No complaints here. I use it on bare desk surface and it never has problems.
                      I like being able to change the weight of the mouse with the insert, and you can change the sensitivity on the fly if, say, you go from running and gunning to sniping.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

I have a G700. So far ive had no issues (dont even need a mouse pad) except on black ops2 the right mouse doesn't seem to work too well. Havn't had an issue with it in any other game so I figure its got something to do with the game. I have found though that the keys dont like to re-map within a game. You have to do it all through Set Point or a lot of programs wont register the keys.
                        |TG| CrazySob
                        sigpic
                        Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazySob View Post
                          I have a G700. So far ive had no issues (dont even need a mouse pad) except on black ops2 the right mouse doesn't seem to work too well. Havn't had an issue with it in any other game so I figure its got something to do with the game. I have found though that the keys dont like to re-map within a game. You have to do it all through Set Point or a lot of programs wont register the keys.
                          That was my problem with the software. Thanks for jogging my memory.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

G700 here off the back of a G9.

Loved the functionality and solid build of the G9 but have to admit the ergonomics were a touch weird (very flat and square). Picked up the G700 and immediately loved it. Much more ergonomic and I use it both wired and wirelessly. Plus, somewhat unusually for me, I am getting use out of the more expansive features such as the remapping and profiles and regularly have all 5 profiles mapped to specific games/uses. Most comfortable mouse I have had so far, not dissimilar in shape and form to the earlier Logi's like the G500 but improved with a pinkie rest. Plus it has a ton of buttons, DPI on the fly (all configurable) and a real nice solid build quality. Would recommend to anyone.

Comment

I've been using a Microsoft Sidewinder for the past 3 years. Works great for me but I've never been picky about mice, I just need my mouse 4 and mouse 5 buttons. I thought I had developed a problem with this mouse but resolved it tonight. No mechanical issues with the mouse. (I replaced my Sidewinder keyboard on warranty after a month, but my new one works great) It has the standard slew of gamer options - on-the-fly DPI switches, different friction pads, different swappable weights, all buttons macro-capable with the included software. It's nice and chunky, fits my hand well. Buttons still break crisply after 3 years of heavy use. Macro customization software works well.

Oh and it's corded of course, because I'm a cranky old man who hates changing batteries and doesn't trust things he can't see.

Just tonight I realized that the jitteriness that has become increasingly annoying with this mouse is actually related to my mousepad becoming worn smooth and shiny. I flipped it over and the jitters are gone!
                              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X