Bad PR for Hitman? Really?? (A rant)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad PR for Hitman? Really?? (A rant)

The new hitman game hit steam's discount sale today. 50% off. Thats a STEAL for a front line game this close to release. SO, with a quickness, I purchase the game and start the download. As I am waiting, I see on the side the news ticker from steam, announcing a bunch of super-bad PR about the game. Confused as to what this may be, I started reading the article on PC Gamer.com. It turns out that the developer had a sort of facebook (i hate that too) function to send a "hit" to your friends, jesting various insults from bad makeup for girls to small "equipment" for guys.

The article goes on to chastise Square for the horrible offensive stunt, and how they promptly removed it and are sorry.

Really?

This is a game where the protagonist kills other characters with high powered rifles, gasoline, poison, ect. Thats ok, but name calling is strictly taboo? People are actually mad about this! If we rake developers over the coals for simple stuff like this, how long is it until we are all playing "hello kitty island adventure" because all the offensive content has been banned?

I just dont know where people get the idea they have a right not to be offended. The world IS offensive. What if it offends me that your offended? Oh man, then what are we gonna do?

Sigh.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Who will watch the watchmen??

Re: Bad PR for Hitman? Really?? (A rant)

NSFW(language)

http://www.project-landmine.com/2012...ation-america/

Comment

Amen.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Who will watch the watchmen??

Comment

<--- AMen on the Amen... But since I am an Atheist..I am offended!
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
          <--- AMen on the Amen... But since I am an Atheist..I am offended!
          Amen! Since I'm agnostic though... I'm kinda... in between. ;)

Comment

http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=29555

Refer people to this allll time time. BTW thanks BBC for dumb and removing this from youtube
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X