Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggested reading for small unit tactics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested reading for small unit tactics?

I am looking for some reading suggestions as far as small unit tactics. I am not looking for books about war or general strategy, such as the Art of War, simply information on good squad formations, how to best breach and clear, etc. Like an infantry handbook of sorts? I want to learn so I can use this knowledge to make me a better squad leader in PR, Arma 2, and PS2, and actually have an organized squad that moves as a group, covers all their sectors, and can effectively and efficiently breach and clear occupied buildings.

Thanks!
    May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Re: Suggested reading for small unit tactics?

Check out this PDF document, it is close to what you are looking for. It also references some other common books the military uses to train.

CQB Supplement
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Good quick read, nice find!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Mimir View Post
        Check out this PDF document, it is close to what you are looking for. It also references some other common books the military uses to train.

CQB Supplement
        Exactly what I am looking for! Thanks!
        May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

"There are many ways to skin a cat" is a military term often used in CQB meaning there are a many different ways to do CQB that are entirely different BUT still get the job done. You'll find a lot of "Basic" CQB on the internet. Its for beginners at Basic/Boot camp or jobs that are not combat related so if they have to clear a room they have the basis to work with. However, you won't find any light infantry, advanced infantry, or special operations clearing rooms, hallways, or alleys like that. Many military's are bent on teaching those same cookie cutter ways just because thats how they were taught. For instance you'll see almost all military manuals instructing to clear hallways like the manual posted above BUT you would be hard pressed to find a hallway that big! In fact I've never found a hallway that me and my soldiers have used that was that large!

However, unless you have a lot of time to work with your buddies on these advanced ways your better off sticking to the basics like the manual posted above or the Ranger Handbook: http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/ranger.pdf Again its just a base, you won't find any Ranger Bat clearing rooms like that :)

I tried looking for some type of manual, video, ect of better ways but couldn't find any. I think its because the more advanced ways are tough to put in print. All units have different SOPs and such so things always work slightly different.

The biggest points to consider in CQB situations:
          1. Security At All Times - guns pointed towards entry points, windows, avenues of approach, ect
          2. Get off the street and into a building or some type of cover ASAP
          3. Make a decision, making the wrong decision is better than no decision which means your in the same position as before!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X