No announcement yet.

Didn't know where else to stick this...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't know where else to stick this...

Hello everybody, I'm pretty new to the world of shooters. I remember playing 1942 in school, and there was another demo that all I can remember had a jet with an ocular engine that was really cool (if someone could tell me what it's from, that'd be great)

My real thing here is: I downloaded the BF 2142 demo because I was considering getting it, but no matter what I do, I get a message saying "Connecting to the EA master server" and it won't ever connect. I made an exception in windows firewall, and temporarily disabled AVG, but nothing. Help?

Re: Didn't know where else to stick this...

Well, bud, truth be told, 2142 is pretty oldschool now, so there's a good chance EA has taken down their demo servers. You can pick up the game for cheap if you have your heart set on 2142, but there are also plenty of free-to-play shooters out there that are quality as well. One I had a lot of fun with was Blacklight: Retribution.

Just worth considering. If all else fails, contact EA support and see if they can't tell you why their master servers are down.

Comment

Originally posted by LordFuzzywig View Post
      Well, bud, truth be told, 2142 is pretty oldschool now, so there's a good chance EA has taken down their demo servers. You can pick up the game for cheap if you have your heart set on 2142, but there are also plenty of free-to-play shooters out there that are quality as well. One I had a lot of fun with was Blacklight: Retribution.

Just worth considering. If all else fails, contact EA support and see if they can't tell you why their master servers are down.
      Well, I happen to like 2142 a lot, I enjoy the futuristic elements, and more oftne than not I jsut go into a custome game and derp around with the weapons and vehicles xD. 2142 just seems awesome, is all.

Comment

I was a big fan of 2142 and Planetside 2 has filled that niche for me. It is also free to play without annoying paywalls. I definitely recommend it.

Comment

I've heard good things about Planetside 2, I'm jsut not for high-octane shooters. Like CoD, I can't stand, because I'm more tactical, and the people ar ejsut "herder rush around skillshot noscope nubcakes"

Comment

I'd love to give PLanetside a try...if it wasn't going to take 3 days. SOE games take ages to download.

Comment

Natural Selection 2 is on sale for $10 for...another 40 minutes. I highly recommend that as well. Though, it is a much smaller scale twitchy shooter, the tactics and teamplay are very fun , especially on our TG server.

Comment

Originally posted by aquadragon97 View Post
                I've heard good things about Planetside 2, I'm jsut not for high-octane shooters. Like CoD, I can't stand, because I'm more tactical, and the people ar ejsut "herder rush around skillshot noscope nubcakes"
                Give Planetside 2 a shot, if you have never played Planetside you will like the second. It is a lot more tactical than CoD but not as much as Planetside.
                i7-3770K l Z77 l GTX 670 l 16GB PC3-12800 l 120GB SSD and 1TB HDD l 1200W AX l Win 7 baby!

www.betawerkz.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X