Anyone into hobby game making?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone into hobby game making?

When I was in college I used to run a student organization for programming video games. It's a ton of fun. My girlfriend and I are currently getting back into it in our spare time. We're making a pirate themed turn based encounter RPG.

I mainly make games in XNA though I've been told I should get into Unity.

Anyone else into hobby game dev?

Re: Anyone into hobby game making?

Very rarely have I ever been interested in programming, but I did dabble in the past (because of my love for Rogue-likes), to participate in the 7DRL challenge in 2010. Outside of that very specific scope, it's all Latin to me.
    ~Psi~

Comment

(First post for me here!)

I am very much into Hobby Gaming - I have between four and six active projects at the moment (depending on how you define 'active'). I started because I develop Web Applications Professionally for a living so my early attempts were primarily browser based. I have one Browser Based 'game' completed that is merely a tool for running Star Wars D20 Pen and Paper RPG games through the web, and another that runs locally on my VPN for playing with my buddies that deals with outer space combat, and a third title we are working on commercializing.

On the XNA side I have dabbled in some basic XNA games, and now I am working the TXNA Engine to speed up development of a Space Combat (fighter) simulator I have had on the drawing board for quite some time.

Also....I am also located in Michigan, in Novi (but I have only been here two years and have no idea where Kalamazoo is!)

Comment

Originally posted by ASharpe View Post
        (First post for me here!)

I am very much into Hobby Gaming - I have between four and six active projects at the moment (depending on how you define 'active'). I started because I develop Web Applications Professionally for a living so my early attempts were primarily browser based. I have one Browser Based 'game' completed that is merely a tool for running Star Wars D20 Pen and Paper RPG games through the web, and another that runs locally on my VPN for playing with my buddies that deals with outer space combat, and a third title we are working on commercializing.

On the XNA side I have dabbled in some basic XNA games, and now I am working the TXNA Engine to speed up development of a Space Combat (fighter) simulator I have had on the drawing board for quite some time.

Also....I am also located in Michigan, in Novi (but I have only been here two years and have no idea where Kalamazoo is!)
        Actually I could be moving to the Novi area very soon. My girlfriend and I are looking for jobs out there at the moment. Kalamazoo is about 2 and a half hours away.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTaoOfBill View Post
          When I was in college I used to run a student organization for programming video games. It's a ton of fun. My girlfriend and I are currently getting back into it in our spare time. We're making a pirate themed turn based encounter RPG.

I mainly make games in XNA though I've been told I should get into Unity.

Anyone else into hobby game dev?
          I've always wanted to but after a few weeks of attempting to teach myself and do research I generally get bored because I always fail to start slow and try to do so much at one time, If you are interested in may be teaching me a little I'd be more than happy to learn / take side projects for any game / script / website creating. I'm a network administrator in the USMC so I have a decent amount of experience with computers just not a whole lot in code / programming / scripts.
          "We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
          - Colonel Chesty Puller -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X