Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

    I dive in Western NY. I love the Thousand Islands wrecks and have dove in Belize a few times. I am a Rescue Diver w/ Dry suit and Emergency 02 provider specialties. Been diving for almost 2 years and love it. I just got a GoPro Black and got some awesome footage of Dolphins while in Belize: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODlQ1-VJ1bA

    I need to get good at the editing. Curious dolphins are the coolest thing I have seen though I prefer the cold dark yet clear waters of the Great Lakes.

    Anyone else dive, what type of diving do you do and where do you do it?

    -Solarity
    Lights Out!

  • #2
    Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

    I dove the Wreck of the Rhone a few times, but I'm not pro.

    Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

    "An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

    Friend of |TG| Chief

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

      Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
      I dove the Wreck of the Rhone a few times, but I'm not pro.
      I am not a Pro, just someone really into diving since I started it.
      Lights Out!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

        I haven't been in about 2 years now, though I do have all my equipment. I was one of those "tech-reational" divers.

        I've been to most of the <100' wrecks around Monomy/Chatham here on Cape. The local club also went down to Moorehead City, NC for a week of non-stop diving. My absolute favorite wreck was the U-352 down around 115'. That, and diving with all the Sand Tiger sharks pretty much ruined the local diving for me. (It's COLD, crappy vis (seeing more than 15' is a fab day), and strong currents here)


        "You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

        Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

          I've dove in Austria and Switzerland but I think my favorite has to be the Maldives, awesome vis and epic sealife! Not to mention its much much warmer too, its great to be able to go without even a wetsuit! Hopefully I can get back into it when my back is fixed!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

            I wanted to dive when I was younger...... Then I seen shark week and I was good.
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

              Ven if this was Facebook, I would have liked your post.

              Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

              "An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

              Friend of |TG| Chief

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

                On the next dive, we stopped counting after 90 of them. They love to hang out at about 15', so your safety stop is a bit exciting.



                IMG_0116.jpg


                "You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

                Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

                  I dive in Aruba all the time. Mostly without the tank though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

                    Originally posted by Siantis View Post
                    On the next dive, we stopped counting after 90 of them. They love to hang out at about 15', so your safety stop is a bit exciting.



                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10279[/ATTACH]
                    Yeah..... Screw all that! My luck would be to find the only hungry great white in the area. I'd look like one of those damn seals you sea with a 15' great white breaching hot on its a$$. I would become the 2nd human in history to walk on water.
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

                      I plan on getting my dive cert through the fire dept this summer. Really looking forward to it. Maybe a TG Dive party would be in order?

                      [unit][squadl][command2]

                      KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

                        Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                        I plan on getting my dive cert through the fire dept this summer. Really looking forward to it. Maybe a TG Dive party would be in order?
                        Best spot on the island :) http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...tad_Aruba.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

                          Originally posted by Siantis View Post
                          I haven't been in about 2 years now, though I do have all my equipment. I was one of those "tech-reational" divers.

                          I've been to most of the <100' wrecks around Monomy/Chatham here on Cape. The local club also went down to Moorehead City, NC for a week of non-stop diving. My absolute favorite wreck was the U-352 down around 115'. That, and diving with all the Sand Tiger sharks pretty much ruined the local diving for me. (It's COLD, crappy vis (seeing more than 15' is a fab day), and strong currents here)
                          I would love to dive on a a uboat. I don't do any penetration dives beyond the light spectrum. Though have you tried Alex Bay/1000 Islands? I dove on about 8 wrecks there in one weekend last year. One of the club members took an cool video of it. I am in the Black and Blue Jacket w/ a camera w/ external strobe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynBRv...ature=youtu.be

                          I think tech would be fun. Though would need to wait a few years to do classes and buy the dual manifolds, etc. As it isn't cheap from what I understand. I only know one tech diver in our club to begin with. Right now our club is searching for a wreck, they already discovered one of the many still missing wrecks. Lake Ontario is about 15 miles north of my house so there are a lot of ships that have gone down in this area. i.e. St. Peter, Emery (ship discovered by our club), a WW2 area landing craft used as a cable boat by the CG, and etc.

                          I do enjoy the eye candy of the tropics, though my first love is wrecks as I love history.
                          -Solarity
                          Lights Out!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Any other TG'ers scuba dive?

                            Originally posted by solarity View Post
                            I would love to dive on a a uboat. I don't do any penetration dives beyond the light spectrum. Though have you tried Alex Bay/1000 Islands? I dove on about 8 wrecks there in one weekend last year. One of the club members took an cool video of it. I am in the Black and Blue Jacket w/ a camera w/ external strobe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynBRv...ature=youtu.be
                            -Solarity
                            Only places I've been are local and the NC trip. I've only done wrecks with only limited penetration. I didn't have the training to really go deep inside. I'm not a real tech diver, but I used a lot of the tech way of setting up my gear (Backplate/Wing with long hose setup, slinging a pony bottle).

                            The guys I dived with locally, we are all same wreck same day divers. Meaning: "How long you gonna be down? 1 hour? Alright, see you then!" Nobody really does strict buddy teams around here, which is actually what I prefer. That reminds me! We have a pond nearby that has a sunken boat and platforms, and is the regional training site for divers. I went one day, and when I got in I was the only one at the pond. I was down for around 40 minutes or so, hanging out at the sunken boat, when suddenly I see movement peripherally. I look up and there are three divers just staring at me. Scared the CRAP out of me! Later, as I was packing up, one comes over to me and goes "I was wondering how the hell one of my students beat me to the wreck!"


                            "You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

                            Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

                            Comment

                            Connect

                            Collapse

                            TeamSpeak 3 Server

                            Collapse

                            Advertisement

                            Collapse

                            Twitter Feed

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X