Need your opinion regarding: Controller vs. Keyboard/Mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your opinion regarding: Controller vs. Keyboard/Mouse

I know this argument is pretty tired, but I want gamers opinions to settle an argument.

If you had to choose which you would have to use on an FPS game, would you rather have a
    Keyboard/mouse combo or Controller

Please give your reasoning behind your choice.

I wont' put my opinion here as to bias the answers.
    [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
    TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Re: Need your opinion regarding: Controller vs. Keyboard/Mouse

For FPS, the N52 has given me skills I don't possess naturally :icon_bigg
    New to TG?

Comment

Ok ok, besides specialized gaming controllers, I should have specified.

Comment

Definitely keyboard and mouse for FPS and for flying a chopper. I've tried out the game controller I use for console games on FPS's and never could get used to it. Could just be because of years playing the games a certain way though.

Comment

I would try both out, because both methods of interaction provide vastly different gameplay experiences, and neither one is superior over the other. I've played Halo with a controller on the xbox and a mouse and keyboard on a pc. Both are fun in their own way.

Comment

Use a mouse and keyboard silly...computers were made for the keyboard/mouse combination...if you want controller...PLAY PS2 or XBOX lol :P just my opinion :)
            [email protected]
            MSN [email protected]
            aim=marinesusmcs

Comment

Originally posted by Yeleyna
              Use a mouse and keyboard silly...computers were made for the keyboard/mouse combination...if you want controller...PLAY PS2 or XBOX lol :P just my opinion :)
              correct, also after so long of the mouse and key board I know nothing different.

If it is worth winning, then it is worth fighting dirty for!

Comment

i used to use a joystick to move, fire, strafe, comms and reload, and the mouse in my left hand (i'm right-handed) to aim. i hardly used the keyboard for anything.

Then i eventually saw the light, and went mouse (r-h) and keyboard.

Can't use controllers to aim at all, and it's too slow, so i don't bother playing any FPS on the X-Box, let alone using the pc with one.

Comment

I've always prefered the mouse/keyboard combination. Especially in games that don't have any sort of auto-aim enabled it's a must, console controllers just lack that precision. Then I got bought an Logitech MX518 mouse, it's a FPS player's dream. On the fly sensitivity adjustment (this is fantastic for going between vehicles and being infantry for BF2, or when zooming in with a sniper rifle), extra buttons by your thumb, well formed and feels absolutely smooth to use. There is no way I'd trade up that mouse for any sort of controller to use in an FPS.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions. That is what I had been trying to get across to these console meatheads on a board I am on. The precision (this is the word I was looking for) is just not the same with aiming and movement.

Comment

Keyboard/mouse combo it easy to use in FPS game. I hate controller in FPS like Halo 2 it fun but the keyboard/ mouse make it easy if xbox have it.
                      [TG-5th JTF] LuNiSiCx
                      5th Joint Task Force

[squadl]
                      [ma-c1][ma-c2]

Comment

Keyboard and mouse all the way. The keyboard is not limited to 6 or 8 buttons like a controller. Maybe its just me but I think using a mouse is alot easier and alot faster for turning than a d-pad on a controller

Comment

I liked controllers for some games that utilized them well, like driving games and RPG games. Other than FPS is all K/b and mouse. Even consoles wanted K/b and mouse for their FPS games (i.e. Dreamcast). Only a matter of time before PS's and Xbox's start using them too.

- -

Comment

I think the lack of a keyboard and mouse is why I've never really played console games past the NES. I have a PS1, but the only game I have for it is Gran Turismo 2.. Had an N64, but my roommates played it far more than me. Haven't touched the current generation of consoles. I've played games with a keyboard since the C64 days as a little kid, so it's just what I'm used to.
                            Battlefield Admin() ()
                            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                            | for | |

Comment

Keyboard & Mouse
                              1) You can aim a hell of a lot faster, more precisely, and have much more control than you would with an analog stick or directional pad.
                              2) A keyboard has a lot more avaliable options, as the controller is restricted to essentially one command per button. A keyboard has waaaay more buttons (or keys on the board, if you will).
                              3) I can't use a controller well in FPS. I've played a lot of Halo1/2 on the X-Box, but it just doesn't cut it. Even moving my look sensativity up to Insane (10, which is the max), seems way too slow. And inaccurate. And sloppy.
                              4) Nothing electronic is much sexier than my wireless keyboard and mouse.
                              5) PC > Console
                              6) PC > Controller
                              7) Keyboard/Mouse > Controller
                              8) Keyboard/Mouse == Excellent *Steeples fingers*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed