Simcity Beta Jan 16th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simcity Beta Jan 16th

for anyone who is interested in the new simcity game and never got to try out the other beta....

Re: Simcity Beta Jan 16th

Its shaping up to be a good game, even given the limited size it feels much more alive and organic.

The much more in depth "simulation" is something Im looking forward to with the game.

http://imgur.com/a/MOrO3

Comment

There's an article somewhere, where one of the devs talks about how (with all it's intricacies) it can be as hard or as easy as anyone wants. After playing the last Beta, I'm intrigued at how they can have "one difficulty setting", and yet the game allows all sorts of different playing styles and abilities. It's shaping up to be a fun, yet challenging, game for any player. Anyone who hasn't played the beta yet, had better get on board and try it out! despite the fact that there's this "online-only" stigma about it right now... let's face it: if you're reading this... you're online, right now anyway. And even if their servers are up for only 2 years (let's hope not), it's still totally worth $60.
      Last edited by Shoomfie; 02-14-2013, 05:16 PM.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

i'm guessing the multiplayer games are going to be like this.....

UI is a bit outdated though..

Comment

Its pretty easy to fill your city up with low/medium income homes and a few basic utilities, but so far its looking like it'll be a challenge to get skyscrapers and larger more costly utilities.

Again the city size is small, but it feels big and it certainly feels 1000x more alive then sim city 4

Comment

ooh i don't have classes on 5th of march, i know what i'll be playing!!! hopefully we can get a simcity channel up on teamspeak so we all can hopefully make enough cities next to each other. not sure what i'll be going for as far as a profit in simcity.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitamin187 View Post
              ooh i don't have classes on 5th of march, i know what i'll be playing!!! hopefully we can get a simcity channel up on teamspeak so we all can hopefully make enough cities next to each other. not sure what i'll be going for as far as a profit in simcity.
              I watched one of the latest videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWfEPXlQEiA , and it looks like you can start a region with anywhere from 3 - 16 cities. Might we start a TG region for launch?

Comment

Once I get it started, I'll be creating a "closed" region (to keep quality control), and then posting the details on another thread, if anyone here wants to join me.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...