Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any astronomers or Space enthusiasts out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any astronomers or Space enthusiasts out there?

I appear to be a rare bread here at TG, so I'm looking for more of my kind. Is anyone out there interested in astronomy, NASA, or their countries' respective space program? Really just looking for a group to start a conversation with, looking forward to your replies!

Re: Any astronomers or Space enthusiasts out there?

MACO's from ST:Enterprise right? :D (redshirt gives it away though you should be a BlueShirt bones)

Yes. I love the stars but for a longtime have continued to fall away from it as I both live in the city and rarely get out of it or away from work/school. Some day I really want to get back to it and find a nice treeless hill, a good telescope, and maybe even a fancy jerry-rigged webcamera for space space space.

Comment

Very much so, here.

But I'm on the hard sci-fi end of the spectrum. Not knocking soft sci-fi, but I'm very much interested in the realistic side of things. I could talk your ear off about everything from the effects of vacuum on the human body to how to design a realistic spacecraft.
      http://i.imgur.com/Pn1UxKo.png - Tactical Gamer // Planetside 2

Comment

Yeah, I'm a bit of a space nerd. I'm studying astrophysics at university at the moment, and I'm also an avid Kerbal Space Program fan.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Currently in the physics major at my college, thinking of diverging over to the astrophysics, play WAY too much Kerbal space program. Read a lot of science fiction on both side of the spectrum.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I have always had an interest. I have an 8" Colter DOB telescope and 80 or 90mm binoculars with a mostly built parrallelagram mount.
            Lights Out!

Comment

Isn't Kerbal tied to TG in some way?

Oh and I'm curious if what you mean by HardSci-fi is the more technical minded version or the literary version of HardSci-fi with the novum and all but without expertly described phenomenon. I personally consider Solaris hard sci but obviously its subject matter is less technical and more how our technicality can still ultmiately be faliable.

Comment

Also my name is for the sun
                Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                  Isn't Kerbal tied to TG in some way?
                  Yeah, DamionRayne is the community manager or something similar for KSP.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I play Kerbal Space Program quite heavily as well... My main interest is in Spaceflight and the program in general, but I also enjoy astronomy. I plan to major in Astronautical Engineering

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                      Oh and I'm curious if what you mean by HardSci-fi is the more technical minded version or the literary version of HardSci-fi with the novum and all but without expertly described phenomenon. I personally consider Solaris hard sci but obviously its subject matter is less technical and more how our technicality can still ultmiately be faliable.
                      Hard science fiction is just taking the universe as we know it and applying some storytelling, it's essentially fiction set in the future, without magic or technology that behaves like magic.
                      A novel about another set of apollo missions in the 2030's would be hard sci-fi. Star Wars and Star Trek are examples of soft sci-fi. It isn't immutable, some things are 'harder' and 'softer' than others. You can for example, have 'hard' science fiction that does still feature magic like faster than light drives.

It has little to do with technical descriptions of how things work.
                      http://i.imgur.com/Pn1UxKo.png - Tactical Gamer // Planetside 2

Comment

I am interested in it as well... do we/should we have a section in simulation for ksp yet?
                        Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

If we don't, we should. Who do we contact about setting up a KSP channel?

Comment

Hey, another space geek here. Love Kerbal space program (even post the occasion youtube video of it), did have a telescope but kinda broke it last time I went up into the mountains with it. And I also occasional do some amateur radio stuff listening to the ISS and various satellites (a lot easier then you'd think). So ya would love a place on here to have a bit more of a chat about that stuff if it comes.

Comment

Hey guys,

I've contacted the site admins about getting some KSP stuff set up on the Teamspeak, I'll update you as I get more information.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X