Gamepads for a PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamepads for a PC

was wondering what kind of gamepad should i get. have a few games on my PC where it be better gameplay for me if i use a gamepad with it. not looking for an expensive one, just around 30 or 40 dollars. i tend to stay away from wireless stuff since i do play alot of games to the point where i would have to plug it back in during the middle of gameplay. so i would pefer to use a wired gamepad. i was looking at the logitech f310 gamepad since i do enjoy logitech items, they never fail me. was wondering what everyone thinks of that gamepad? here is a link to it. if anyone knows of one better, please post it...

Logitech F310 Gamepad - Price $24.99
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...-f310?crid=713

Re: Gamepads for a PC

Honestly, for that price you would probably be best off picking up an Xbox 360 controller. Not only does the wired controller 'just work' to steal a certain companies slogan (You just plug it in and done on Win 7 and 8), the vast majority of PC games support it right out of the box these days. You can even use the 360 headsets if it took your fancy and I do believe there is a driver for the thumb keyboard floating around out there too.

This is of course assuming you don't mind the 360 layout. Personally I can't stand the Playstation style layout, but that's because I have huge hands, I think. If you don't mind the layout, you'd be in a MUCH better place to just nab the official 360 controller.

Comment

I've been using the Nostromo N52 for years with no problems, and i love it. I still have my original Belkin version that works fine, but ended up upgrading to the newer Razor version because the drivers are better with Windows 7. They have them on Amazon for about $50, well worth it.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...razer-nostromo

Comment

Originally posted by Bear61 View Post
        I've been using the Nostromo N52
        +1

Great programming diversity and comfortable to use.

Comment

I like the 360 for PC, it works and it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

Comment

For a more 'console' gamepad, you can't go wrong with ANY wired X360 controller. Seriously pick one up.

Otherwise the Nostromo, I only hear good things about, while the Logitech G13 is what I use.

Comment

In what way does a gamepad offer a better experience in shooters? I bought myself a game pad a few years ago and never really liked the way it worked.

I couldnt type in all chat to yell at people :D

I only bring this up because i spent 40 bucks on one and used it for about a day then off to the shelf to collect dust.
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

The best game pad for PC is 360 controllers and BF3. "It works flawlessly, aside from the fact that sprint is not a thumb stick toggle like it is on the XBOX, you have to hold it down AFAIK. I only use my controller in BF3 for flying and I put it down and use the keyboard plus mouse for shooting as it's the only way one can compete with others on the PC"

Comment

I use my 360 mostly for racing games or flying really. But like what has been said before they can take a beating and are fairly cheap, plus mostly you can just go steal one of them from your kids if it breaks and blame them for it, lol.
                  Dear Madam,
                  I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts, that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.
                  I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.
                  I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours, to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,
                  Abraham Lincoln

Comment

If you have a PS3 Controller around you can use DS3 Tool from http://www.motioninjoy.com/ to use it as XBOX controller on your PC.
                    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

The only gripe I have with the 360 controller is the D-pad is complete crap. I like the ps3 controller for non-analog games, 360 for everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonne44 View Post
                        The best game pad for PC is 360 controllers and BF3. "It works flawlessly, aside from the fact that sprint is not a thumb stick toggle like it is on the XBOX, you have to hold it down AFAIK. I only use my controller in BF3 for flying and I put it down and use the keyboard plus mouse for shooting as it's the only way one can compete with others on the PC"
                        Any comments?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X