No announcement yet.

My new air-intake front panel is lush.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new air-intake front panel is lush.

i was quite chuffed with the results of my home-made front air-intake panel, so i thought i'd show it off here;

Front Air Intake Panel

As i need to keep the floppy drive (well, i don't, but the g/f does) i decided that as they look old-fashioned and not in keeping with the modernity of the rest of the machine, that i'd leave it set back in the bay, hidden by an air-intake. This means i get more air into the machine, as well as keep the main drives temps down (especially as they're stacked close together).

As it is, it's not actually bolted in, as the fit is so snug it sits in there perfectly. When i get the time i want to have it come out in the same way as a CD tray, to allow use of the floppy drive.

i used the cpu fan from my previous incarnation of the machine (before it was hit by lightning) and built the panel around it. The ali part of the panel is a extra drive mounting bracket that came with the case originally, but was never needed.

If i did anything different (and will do when i get time to make the side panel in the same style) i'd use thin metal rods sunk into the perpex instead of actual wiring for the leds, with a 5v connector attached to the side of the plastic, so it's easier to dis/connect and looks neater.

The speed of the fan (2000 - 4200) is wired into, and controlled by, the Aerogate in the top drivebay.

Re: My new air-intake front panel is lush.

nice 9, good work!

I'm pretty sure all pc machines require a floppy to boot.

- -

Comment

My computer didn't even come with a floppy drive, get a memory card for a usb port and use that it hold more too. Sweet intake wish I had the skills to do something like that.

Comment

I have a floppy. You know how many times I've used it?

None. Not one. Not a single time. Who the hell would use those, and why?

Comment

Looks nice, 9v!

I have one floppy drive that I share amongst the three computers in my house. It only gets used to flash the BIOS. Nothing more...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

im impressed, thats a real slick looking mod job, i need a new case, can you come and build me one? :P

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

wow...nice work.

Dirt013
              Dirt013

Comment

That is uber sweet!

Comment

Am i allowed to throw I Approve Of This Post's to everyone here like confetti, or would that be construed as gauche?

Comment

9 you have WAY too much time on your hands. :icon_lol: Make one for me? ;)

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                      9 you have WAY too much time on your hands. :icon_lol: Make one for me? ;)

Root

Yeah what he said. I wish I had the skillz and patience for that kind of stuff.

Oh I have floppy drive, but I haven't used it. Which is a good thing since the floppy drive stays lit up all the time as if it is being accessed.

Comment

Originally posted by gunfodder
                        Which is a good thing since the floppy drive stays lit up all the time as if it is being accessed.
                        Sounds like you have the cable plugged in the wrong way round either on the mobo or on the drive. Seriously though, the floppy is dead. Even the 100MB and 250MB zip disks have been long dead. Stop living in the past and get rid of it.

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Like I said, man!

Comment

Floppy drives maybe useless to the common everyday event, but when you start getting cd errors and can't reinstall your system, you'll thank that floppy drive as the last ditch effort that saved your reinstallation.

- -

Comment

Hasn't happened to me, so it's obviously not a problem ever at all :icon37: :icon4:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X