Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Attacks Yesterday

Navy News

Most people might not have noticed this, but for some older TG Members, I should point this out.

"At approximately 8:44 a.m. local time, a suspected mortar rocket flew over the USS Ashland's (LSD 48) bow and impacted in a warehouse on the pier in the vicinity of the Ashland and the USS Kearsarge (LHD 3)"
    Eclipse, from even back in the N42 days, is stationed on the USS Ashland. As far I can tell he's fine, haven't heard from him yet. He'll probably come on in the next few days or whatnot and say it was no big deal or something... I just wanted to inform you all.

When I do get a hold of him I'll have him come say hi, unless of course he's on one of those restrictions where he can't say anything at all to anyone.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Re: Rocket Attacks Yesterday

Everything I've heard has said that the rockets all missed US ships. The rocket that went over the Ashland's bow killed a Jordanian soldier. At least 4 arrests have already been made, too.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      Everything I've heard has said that the rockets all missed US ships. The rocket that went over the Ashland's bow killed a Jordanian soldier. At least 4 arrests have already been made, too.
      Then, at least something good came out of it, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
        Then, at least something good came out of it, I suppose.
        What would that be? :icon23:
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm guessing he means by the arrests.

Yea they missed, but it's still too close for my own comfort.
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
            I'm guessing he means by the arrests.

Yea they missed, but it's still too close for my own comfort.
            Precisely...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse
              "Yea yea whatever, this is just a big fat joke, there's no security alert.
              It was just some terrorist kid playing around with daddy's rocket launcher
              and he didn't know what the heck he was doing and it blew off on him, no big
              deal. Lets roll on back, knock of ships work and crack open some beers
              already!"
              (A clean joke, he's got plenty of potentially offensive ones, not that im worried about offending a terrorist... just trying to be kind to those associated racially but not ideologically)
              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Hope Eclipse is doing well ! Tell him hello from all of us !...How much time does he have left ?

Comment

Time left with his deployment, or with the navy entirely? I'm sure I could email him and he'd be able to tell me exactly to the minute.
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
                    Time left with his deployment, or with the navy entirely? I'm sure I could email him and he'd be able to tell me exactly to the minute.
                    lol...to the minute...I guarantee it :D Deployment time....would love to see him back :)

Comment

Where's a destroyer and their 16" guns when you need them....
                      I'm not the Killer Man...
                      I'm the Killer Man's son...
                      But I'll do the killing...
                      Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed