No announcement yet.

For the LoLz

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IMAGES] For the LoLz

via WKTV
    What's telling about this picture though is that the officer with the "military style" assault weapon and the $500 "military style" close quarters combat sight has that same combat sight attached to the rifle backward.

via WKTV
    It's a little difficult to see, but here's what it looks like to put the sight on the right way:

via EOTech
    And what it should look like to look through it:

Most military services teach "attention to detail." That the slightest lack of attention to detail can result in lives lost.
    The fellows pictured here are not military, and certainly not in combat. They are FBI tactical hostage rescue teams in upstate New York, the small town of Mohawk, population 7,500, and they're surrounding an alleged killer holed up in a local business.

In effect, it's useless.
    The photo was at the top of military Reddit this morning, along with a host of disparaging comments about domestic police forces acting like they're military when they're anything but.

Images and story courtesy of

Re: For the LoLz

Im going to say this is NOT Military. Mostly due to subtle things. The heavier guy that is low in the picture has a huge patch that says POLICE on it. Military would only say MP. The man with the Guage has on a Tan shirt and pants and what looks like a Civilian Police Officers Uniform. The Dodge Conversion van in background. Ive never seen one of those down range... EVER. I have never met anyone who generally would put a TAC-Lite under the weapon with the side rails open.

However if he is military and a NCO didnt punk him out... Shame on them!
    Dear Madam,
    I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts, that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.
    I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.
    I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours, to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,
    Abraham Lincoln

Reminds of this

For the movie tears of the sun, the aim point antiglare red coating on the front of the lens was relflecting the image of the camera man.

So they turned it around, lol.

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Sad part is, that crazy lady Feinstein is convinced that they are the only ones properly trained enough to own AR-15's....../sigh

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Dredge, they also started calling them Personal Defense Weapons. Also, there have been several police ND's during training around my parts lately, with officer's shooting themselves or their buddies in the head...

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Most Law Enforcement are highly trained and proficient with "Military Style" weapons. I'm former Military and Law Enforcement for the last 30 years of my life. To take one bozo who has attached the sight the wrong way, then make blanket comments like some above is ridiculas. I have been on both sides of a firefight as both shooter and the one shot. The men and woman I serve with selflessly run into chaos as others run out. As for AD's in training, it happens in both the Military and Law Enforcement, and it at times has tragic results. This is what happens when you train with live fire. It does not however happen any more frequently than common accidents at industrial sites or plants where heavy equipment is used.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed