Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Selection 2 Free weekend on steam!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection 2 Free weekend on steam!

Join one of our two servers and play with other TG'ers. This community has 10's of thousands of people in it, I have only seen about 30. Join us and enjoy the coordination of the TG community in the game of NS2.

<insert peer pressure and all the things that I should put, but was to lazy to write>

GG!

-Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: Natural Selection 2 Free weekend on steam!

NS2 combines FPS and RTS. It's a great show of gameplay diversity.

If you don't give this game two or three sessions this weekend, I -- no kidding -- feel like I've done you a disservice by not persuading you to do so.

The game is published by Unknown Worlds Entertainment, who've released this trailer for the weekend:

Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend (quick trailer; youtube.com)

That trailer does a good job of capturing the game's adrenaline and pace. It's very fast, and teamwork is absolutely essential. I play it happily on my 2007 box (SSD, Q6600, 8800GTX, 8GB RAM).

If you like the feeling you get when you and your teammates accomplish something that never would have been possible without listening, feedback, collective decision making, and pushed determination marinated in fear and uncertainty, then you should play this game. If you like playing it with really nice people, you should play it here, at Tactical Gamer.

Some helpful links:

naturalselection.com
    TG NS2 forums
    lots of other helpful threads

Can I answer questions for anyone?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ah, yes. Natural Selection 2 on Steam's website:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/

The game is 50% off through Monday.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Also give us a hollar if you are new to the game. I have been busy with wedding stuff so it is hard to tell who is old TG playing a new game or new TG playing.
        Lights Out!

Comment

It is extremely important to be an SM in NS2, as without it, you're going to quickly be displaced. I still haven't gotten a full round in on either of TG's servers.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
            It is extremely important to be an SM in NS2, as without it, you're going to quickly be displaced. I still haven't gotten a full round in on either of TG's servers.
            Thats not entirely the case. We have multiple ways of helping people stay on the server. While being a SM is obviously the most surefire way to avoid a reserved slot kick, you can also read and agree to the server rules and follow that up by signing the primer thread in the NS subforum. This will grant you a great deal of extra immunity from the slot kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              Thats not entirely the case. We have multiple ways of helping people stay on the server. While being a SM is obviously the most surefire way to avoid a reserved slot kick, you can also read and agree to the server rules and follow that up by signing the primer thread in the NS subforum. This will grant you a great deal of extra immunity from the slot kicker.
              I might give that a try after the free weekend is over. I actually haven't even bothered joining TG's server in about three weeks, I recall my shortest time on the server was around forty five seconds before being booted for an SM. When was the faux-reserve system set up for people who sign the document?

Comment

It's been in effect for quite some time, months, in fact. It's a carryover from a plugin that we had on our NS1 servers many years ago.

Comment

I missed the free weekend. Barely checked right now. I was just here sitting "OH! Natural Selection free this weekend! Wait... only till Sunday. That's today..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X