Phishing Emails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phishing Emails

I'm not sure if everyone is familiar with this, but i feel compelled to share some interesting info.

From the creator of spybot.

http://www.spybot.info/en/articles/phishing.html

I have recieved emails supposedly from eBay that say "unauthorized use of your credit card" has been detected. They tell you not to reply and to click a link in the email. Of course you DON'T click those links but they are getting very crafty about phishing.

- -

Re: Phishing Emails

Originally posted by Vulcan
    I'm not sure if everyone is familiar with this, but i feel compelled to share some interesting info.

From the creator of spybot.

http://www.spybot.info/en/articles/phishing.html

I have recieved emails supposedly from eBay that say "unauthorized use of your credit card" has been detected. They tell you not to reply and to click a link in the email. Of course you DON'T click those links but they are getting very crafty about phishing.
    I keep geting similar emails for Paypal and Amazon.com. The most common is "unauthorized account activity" or "credit card information needs updating" both of which are bogus.

What you should do, if you get one of these, and check the account yourself on the actual company's website, never through the link they give you. It's helpful to do so, incase your passwords/credit card/account is actually compromised.

Comment

Re: Phishing Emails

Also, ebay has a e-mail foreward specifically designed to recieve these bogus e-mail's, presumably so they can deal with them. [email protected] If I remember correctly.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X