Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile App FPS Idea

Hi All,

I have an idea for a mobile FPS game that I would really appreciate a real gamer feedback. The gist of the game is for people to go out into their community and "hunt" other players using their smartphone as their weapon. Any feedback on this would be great. It can be as simple as "I would try this" or "No that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard".

Thanks Again,
    Ack

Re: Mobile App FPS Idea

Originally posted by Ack View Post
    Hi All,

I have an idea for a mobile FPS game that I would really appreciate a real gamer feedback. The gist of the game is for people to go out into their community and "hunt" other players using their smartphone as their weapon. Any feedback on this would be great. It can be as simple as "I would try this" or "No that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard".

Thanks Again,
    Ack
    So kind of like a college "Assassination" type game but using phones and your communal meat-space? Doesn't sound that bad to me. I'd certainly like to take a look. It could be pretty huge if you could get those types of games played on college campuses around the country to adopt the app as a new way to play.

This strikes VERY close to home right now as the University right down the street from where I live went through a whole lockdown situation today because someone saw "a gun" that was likely a nerf gun being used in their "Humans vs. Zombies" type Assassination game. With schools freaking out about guns, this might provide an alternative way for them to play without risking issues such as what happened at the University of Rhode Island today.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
      So kind of like a college "Assassination" type game but using phones and your communal meat-space? Doesn't sound that bad to me. I'd certainly like to take a look. It could be pretty huge if you could get those types of games played on college campuses around the country to adopt the app as a new way to play.

This strikes VERY close to home right now as the University right down the street from where I live went through a whole lockdown situation today because someone saw "a gun" that was likely a nerf gun being used in their "Humans vs. Zombies" type Assassination game. With schools freaking out about guns, this might provide an alternative way for them to play without risking issues such as what happened at the University of Rhode Island today.
      That's is exactly what my thinking was. I have a vision of it starting with college or neighborhood kids and growing it to town/city wide games (possibly national). I also wanted to get people up and off the couch and into their community.

Comment

Originally posted by Ack View Post
        That's is exactly what my thinking was. I have a vision of it starting with college or neighborhood kids and growing it to town/city wide games (possibly national). I also wanted to get people up and off the couch and into their community.
        I'm sure you've taken a look at it already, but if not; check out Ingress in Google Play. It's got a TON of people playing it and actually engaged with their real-life community in the process. I think your idea really could work well, so I would certainly recommend pursuing it!
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
          I'm sure you've taken a look at it already, but if not; check out Ingress in Google Play. It's got a TON of people playing it and actually engaged with their real-life community in the process. I think your idea really could work well, so I would certainly recommend pursuing it!
          I have seen Ingress and I believe that will be a huge success. I want to incorporate more of a competitive approach than is in Ingress for mine. Thanks for the feedback and I will keep you up to date with what I am doing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X