Remote Desktop Gaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktop Gaming

I've wondered - is there any way to get games to work via Remote Desktop?

Everytime I try to run CS:S, for example, I get:
    Originally posted by Engine Error
    Unable to init shader system
    :(

If it's not possible, ah well... but if somebody knows how, that'd be great, and I would really appreciate learning how.

Re: Remote Desktop Gaming

If you get the game to load, you'll get about .5 to 1 frames per second, even over a LAN.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

*holds back tears*
      Thanks.

Comment

I'm confused, what does remote desktop have to do with your CS:S error?

Comment

I only get that error when I try to run CS:S through remote desktop. My assumption is it's trying to load the shader system, but the computer I am on doesn't have the process. Something like that. Maybe if I installed CS:S on this computer, too, I could play it on the other... dunno.

Comment

I see. Then yeah, there's no hope. I doubt even a version of VNC with a video hook driver will work. If the machines are in the same room, you could try a KVM switch, if the 2 machines aren't too far apart.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X