Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Citizen

anyone else think this is sexy??

if anyone else can find any pictures of the ships for this game that you can pilot, please post them up.

Re: Star Citizen

I am quite excited about this one too.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

This is my pledge ship. The 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan:

I'm liking the direction they took, but hopefully it gets another design pass like the 300i did.

The previous images for the 300i looked kind of 'meh', (though it was a very neat design) that new concept looks spectacular.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

And this one is mine :-|

Comment

I'm excited about this - the game Roberts describes is very similar to my own imagined starfighter MMO from when I was, gee, 16 - but I have a hard time slapping down cash now for a game with no guarantee it run well on my NEXT PC when it finally comes out 2 years from now.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Pledge Ships.
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

Possibly one of the most exciting aspects of this game is that it is being developed to work with Oculus Rift as well. Very cool.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Oculus Rift has to be amazing with this! Imagine being in the cockpit of one of these things?!

Comment

I have been a huge fan of Chris Roberts's games and the entire space flight action sim / trader forever. I contributed like silly to the kickstarter of this one. Now just comes the years of waiting lol.

Comment

I got in with the kickstarter and its exciting stuff. Though since the kickstarter it seems every week or so there is another promo to purchase some new ship. I get the raised money makes for a better game but at this point they need to focus on just creating the product. Not trying to complain, just wish we were seeing more game development (which I paid for) instead of more ships for sale.
                    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I'm getting a really bad Molyneux-esque vibe from this project. Space combat games are generally pretty ambitious, but I heard a lot of the same general details leading up to Freelancer. Freelancer wasn't a bad game, but it was nowhere near the level that it was projected to be. I have faith that Star Citizen will be fun, but it isn't going to be the be all and end all of space combat this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                        I'm getting a really bad Molyneux-esque vibe from this project. Space combat games are generally pretty ambitious, but I heard a lot of the same general details leading up to Freelancer. Freelancer wasn't a bad game, but it was nowhere near the level that it was projected to be. I have faith that Star Citizen will be fun, but it isn't going to be the be all and end all of space combat this generation.
                        Not only was Freelancer not the game it was promised to be, but it ran ridiculously over budget in both money and time, so much so that Microsoft took the project away from Chris Roberts and didn't let him finish it.

StarCitizen is even MORE ambitious, and the details on it are so scarce right now it's hardly even worth talking about: It's an MMO that's not an MMO that's a Singleplayer Multiplayer game that charges by subscription but is not a subscription game that makes money off of micro transactions but isn't a free to play game.

If you can reconcile all that in your head, you're one helluvalot smarter then I am.

Comment

While watching their video, I cringed every time I saw him operating the ship using an XBOX controller. They do show a joystick at the end of the video, but not in operation. If this game is for the PC wouldn't the joystick be the center of attention when it comes to controlling the craft?

I'll keep my eye on it and it probably will be fun to play, but not if I'm required to use an XBOX controller.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                            While watching their video, I cringed every time I saw him operating the ship using an XBOX controller. They do show a joystick at the end of the video, but not in operation. If this game is for the PC wouldn't the joystick be the center of attention when it comes to controlling the craft?

I'll keep my eye on it and it probably will be fun to play, but not if I'm required to use an XBOX controller.
                            Actually, an Xbox controller isn't a bad controller if you're not in charge of any combat on a ship. Full ship control requires rotation and movement along the X, Y, and Z axis. The two analogue thumbsticks give you good rotation and movement along two of those axis and the shoulder buttons, the dpad, or the color buttons give you bursts of movement along a third. Not ideal for a high speed ship or combat mind you, but for a freighter or someone at the helm of a carrier or battleship, it's not too shabby.

Comment

I want my Hellcat V, that is all.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed