Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a PC but not sure how to assemble it! Help!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a PC but not sure how to assemble it! Help!?

So, I have all of my PC parts selected but I am worried that I will screw something up once everything is purchased and I get ready to assemble the actual computer. I have zero experience with building computers (only using them). So, basically, is there a way I could give my parts to a business (like Fry's Electronics) so that they could build it for me. Or is that out of the question? Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: Building a PC but not sure how to assemble it! Help!?

The search button is your friend, here is a step by step with pictures:http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/index.php . I built my own computer from scratch while in my early sixties and have done many upgrades. Nothing is more satisfying than pushing that power button and watching it all come to life... and you will never be afraid of your computer again. Now get your butt to work and let us know how it all worked out and you can pm me for my email address if you get stuck and want some help.

Comment

Listen to the Chief. He just gave you the best advice AND he's going to help!

TG awsomeness
      Sarcoma.

Comment

Inspiration! I love it! Thank you for the advice and help!!

Comment

I found this greatly informative for beginners. After screwing up my second to last build, I followed this guy to refresh my knowledge. So now I have a solid build that has been with me for a year now.
          Newegg TV How to Build a PC tutorial Part I

Comment

Internet research is your best friend! Best of luck.
            I built my PC i think 3 years ago with a few upgrades along the way, its been a joy!
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Try to get a copy of the manual for your mobo before you buy. That will tell you up front about a lot of quirks or potential hazards of your build. Unusual CPU clips, memory requirements, or just the physical layout of the various connectors.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

That's how I learned to build mine.

Comment

It's super easy once you do it. The hardestpart ispicking outall ofthe parts. So, that's over. Just don't over think it and freak yourself out.

Be as tidy as you can with your cable management.

Depending on your mobo, cpu and vid card, you may need to plug in more than one cord. Especially if it says ATX.

If you can plug in a few cords , you can build a computer.

Comment

Here is something I learned while putting together machines...The parts you think are fragile, tend to be sturdier than you think. The parts that you think are rock solid, tend to be utter crap.

On an early build, I bent some pins on my processor. This can be a death knell for a build. But I managed to realign them perfectly using an old hotel key card and a magnifying glass. That processor runs in one of my spare server machines perfectly. Your motherboard is stronger than it looks, a little pressure won't kill it.

I have found that cables, hard drive trays, anything on the case, and heat sinks tend to be very fragile. I ordered a mofset passive heatsink that can with all the pins bent into one another. Really soft copper material. Cables tend to be an all or nothing affair especially when it comes to power cables like 4pin or molex.

Enjoy it, mess up, do it all over again. It is part of the fun / learning.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X