Google Talk beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Talk beta

Well, yet another instant messaging with voice chat program has been launched. This one uses open Jabber protocols and definitely feels like an early beta. Anyway it's out there if you want to play with it: GoogleTalk

my googletalk id: [email protected]

Re: Google Talk beta

I saw it on a different forum. Considered picking it up, decided to wait until it gets out of Beta.

Comment

Well it uses the tested and true open-source Jabber protocol, so anyone with a real IM client (i.e. Gaim) can already connect, google has the instructions right on their page. The windows client is pretty sexy though.

[email protected]

Comment

PM me an email address to which I can send the invite.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

LOL I ahve like 600000 invites. Gmail is very exclusive.

Comment

Trillian has a Jabber plugin as well. I've found it to be very unstable and predictable though. I use Pandion at work to connect to our internal Jabber server.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

not sure that it was mentioned but the google talker uses your contacts in your list...it sounds good to me, im going to try it
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

I'd take an invite if someone is willing to send one...send me a PM and I can give you an e-mail address...

Comment

Looks like you don't need an invite any more. If you have a phone capable of text messeges that is...

https://www.google.com/accounts/SmsMailSignup1

Comment

If ya need a gmail acct you can email [email protected] and I'll hook ya up whenever I get the chance.

(if you don't have a cell)
                    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Nice, I just used the SMS sign-up.

[email protected]

Comment

googletalk

anybody tried this yet?
                        so far it is pretty cool, its still beta and there are some features that i can think that i'd like it to have but 5 minutes into it and i prefer it over aim.

Comment

Re: googletalk

[email protected] (Trillian Pro).

Not perfect, but stable enough.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Re: googletalk

There's like 5 topics for this now, lol.

I've still yet to try it but EVERYONE is telling me about it now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X