What is Happening in Turkey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Happening in Turkey

What is Happening in Turkey (See New York Times Advertisement)

Dear Friends,

I have only a few minutes to write this down because I need to get out and join the masses to protect our freedom. As you may be following from the news, The Turkish government is violently cracking down on citizens who are peacefully assembling and expressing their opinions. I cannot believe this is happening in this age and in my country. Two weeks ago I was planning my summer vacation and now our freedom and lives are seriously threatened by police and mobs supported by the government.

I wanted to post this video which looks like a movie but unfortunately it is not. This is actually happening to me, my family and friends in Turkey. You can check BBC and CNN to get more info about the events. But take my word, it is much worse than the way they describe. 4 people were brutally killed by police, 10 people lost their eyes to tear gas canisters (yes, police has been using the tear gas as a weapon), thousands are injured and thousands are arrested. A few hours ago, 30 lawyers were arrested and forced out of a courthouse just because they were protesting the government.

For democracy, peace and human rights. Please show your support for Turkish People. Please spread the word, check out and sign these petition campaigns

Thank you all and wish us luck !

Re: What is Happening in Turkey

Be safe John, I have been trying to follow your facebook updates these last few days, translating them where and when I get the chance!

Comment

I did not know you were turkish john. I have been planning a trip to Istanbul for a while now. I have some rly good friends that live there. Today one of them got tear gassed right outside their building. I plan to go in mid July depending on how much worse the situation gets.

iyi sanslar

Comment

Godspeed, John. Watch your six. Think on your feet, man.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X