Will you be buying BF4, if not, why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you be buying BF4, if not, why?

This thread is dedicated to the players who are on the fence about buying BF4. This is being posted in the general forums, so as not to disturb the BF4 forums, and create an anti-BF4 forum within a forum that is designed to cater to people intending to play BF4.

I will not be buying BF4 on release, as neither of the previous two Battlefield games included VoIP. This makes me hesitant about the inclusion of VOIP in BF4. In 2004, VOIP was becoming common place in games. Today, we are lucky if new AAA titles include VOIP. You would think it would be a standard feature by now. And, it is an absolutely crucial component of teamwork.

Also, looking at recent EA titles, they have been disasters. With Dead Space 3's pay to win mechanic, and turning into a shooter rather than a horror game. As well as Mass Effect 3's day one DLC and poor ending. And now BF4's day one DLC.

I am also not interested in the whole progression system in BF4. The idea of unlocking weapons and increasing rank are not appealing to me. People shouldn't have to see my 1337 stats to think I am good at the game.

I am also frustrated with the lack of modding tools. Mods are what made BF2 great, and stay alive for as long as it has. Mods have the potential to make a great game, amazing. But, DICE doesn't think so.

If by some miracle, DICE manages to include VOIP and various other teamwork elements to the game, and reduce the amount of run and gunning, I will buy BF4. However, my hope for DICE pulling it off is close to non existent.

So, I ask, why are you buying, or not buying BF4?
    Last edited by socomseal93; 06-18-2013, 06:25 PM.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

I will not support another BF title. I no longer support EA with my dollars.
    The main reasons: BF3, BF special forces, ME 3...
    Sarcoma.

Comment

Re: Will you be buying BF4, if not, why?

what was BF Special Forces?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I used to be really into the BF series.. up to BF:BC2.

Now, I play Planetside 2.

48 player platoons, multiple VoIP channels, three 6 kilometer x 6 kilometer maps (with another coming soon), 6000 players per server, a 400+ member TG Outfit, frequent Game Updates w/ new content and bug fixes, beautiful graphics, and best of all, it's F2P.

It'll be some time before I ever pick up another so-called AAA title.

So, if you miss the 'good ol' days' of BF, come check out the latest iteration of Planetside.

/shameless plug

sigpic

Comment

I will not pre-order it since I don't trust them.

Bc2 had voip they said. Sure it had voip it just didn't work.....

Bf3 had voip they said. Worst solution I've ever seen, can't even call it VOIP. "Most people use TS or Ventrilo so we wanted to build something similar" Well if something already exist for you to use and talk to your friends maybe you should help us talk to the rest of the people on the team......

When I see a working voip in the game confirmed by TG members I'll give them some money one last time..
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
            I will not pre-order it since I don't trust them.

Bc2 had voip they said. Sure it had voip it just didn't work.....

Bf3 had voip they said. Worst solution I've ever seen, can't even call it VOIP. "Most people use TS or Ventrilo so we wanted to build something similar" Well if something already exist for you to use and talk to your friends maybe you should help us talk to the rest of the people on the team......

When I see a working voip in the game confirmed by TG members I'll give them some money one last time..
            this 100%

Comment

I feel like DICE/EA didn't deserve my money for BF3 thus, unless BF4 lives up to everything I originally saw in the series, with no exceptions, I am simply not buying it.

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
              I used to be really into the BF series.. up to BF:BC2.

Now, I play Planetside 2.

48 player platoons, multiple VoIP channels, three 6 kilometer x 6 kilometer maps (with another coming soon), 6000 players per server, a 400+ member TG Outfit, frequent Game Updates w/ new content and bug fixes, beautiful graphics, and best of all, it's F2P.

It'll be some time before I ever pick up another so-called AAA title.

So, if you miss the 'good ol' days' of BF, come check out the latest iteration of Planetside.

/shameless plug
              I agree. PS2 satisfies my itch for this type of gameplay (bonus points for the futuristic setting) and SOE's approach is utterly refreshing after DICE. Their view is firmly on the long term, helped by the nature of F2P; the direction of the game is squarely on tactics/strategy and teamwork; feedback is listened to on almost every aspect of the game and entire features are "canned" or have their schedule changed based on the community's wishes (such as social media integration being put on the back burner, lol).

Also, I remember during a particular gameplay video when the lead designer, Matt Higby, was asked what the point of integrated VOIP was since people use TS and other options, his answer was right on the money: that's a solution for some groups of players, but doesn't help communication between said groups.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

I'm on the fence as well. With the disappointment of BF3 and my last butt burning by EA "the Sim City" release I have little faith the in the series, the developer, and especially the publisher. BF3 was as a game I think TG was looking for was 90% there. It was a great game with graphics, good shooting mechanics, and just fun over all. It was that last 10%; voip, commander, enhanced teamwork options, that was missing from the game that killed it. They have made some promises that if they keep them I hope will bring it back in level with what we are looking for.

Comment

Shouldaslappa poll on this for good fun!

Anyway, also not buying unless I see it plays well. Reason not? BC2, BF3. Want VOIP, Command structure/squads, big maps with real combined arms. I threw a penny in the fountain, even.
                  OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

I did not buy BF3 and will not buy BF4 due to DLC and PREMIUM, they can dangle the carrot all they want but I aint the hehaw that is going to bite that sheet.

Comment

No way. The Battlefield series was at its best from 1942 to BF2. As others have pointed out back then we had the mod tools and dozens of great total conversions and hundreds of new maps to play on a regular basis, all for free. Now we're supposed to shell out $60.00 for the initial game, pay extra for DLC which tends to be hit or miss and then a year or so after BF4's release, BF5 will be coming out for another $60.00 or more to continue the money grab cycle.

Comment

If in final release, they have the 6 man squads, commander, and VOIP (meaning squad chat + squad leader to commander), and the maps are big like 2142 and bf2, than by all means I'll buy it, oh, and no DLC plz :p give me the maps that should have come out with the original release for free

I doubt this will happen ^
                        Planetside 2 is fantastic !
                        there is an aspect I cannot put a finger on that does not complete my bf2142 itch....I'm thinking its the squad sizes. I like the big squads, but it enable less personal squad. In 2142, I felt that the guys in my squad were my squad mates., but ALSO my buds. Alot of people in the squads of Planetside are usually not full TG, which I like once and a while. I love bringing new people in, but that full experianced TG squad is always fun to have once and a while....haven't been in one since 2142 really.....
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I'm a 'No' for now. Since I saw BF4 come out I'd sworn off it. After learning more about it... a lot of this stuff is good. Bringing back commander, bigger squads, voip... it's like they actually listened to the complaints about BF3 and might even be trying to distance themselves from CoD. I wouldn't say I'm hopeful, but the outlook might not be as bleak as it seemed at first.

That being said, I'm still a 'No' for now, especially if they're going to try to crank out a new one every year and a half to keep up with the CoDs. It wouldn't be worth my time... That and I'm pretty sure I'm going to cave and buy the new Battlefront when it comes out. :S
                          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

100% not pre-ordering, that's for sure.

Not that BF3 was a bad game, I sunk about 300 hours into it and had fun. But it dried up FAST. And features that were promised never came. AND I stupidly bought the premium which essentially meant I spent 120 dollars on a game that I only sank 300 hours into. And, well... I'm not a penny pincher but it just did not fit that price tag for the content that was delivered and the broken promises.

BF4 looks like it's on the right track, but to be honest I don't care much for modern military shooters anymore - I may again in the future but as of now other games/genres are way more interesting and I just don't see myself getting what I feel is the full value for BF4.
                            Skud

Comment

I cant bring myself to give them any more money. They have simply abused the trust of us old school BF Vets. I simply am not part of their target audience any more and am ok with that. There are many other games for me to play and enjoy. Perhaps one day somebody else will pick up where the old DICE left off.
                              Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X