World War Z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War Z

Heading to the theatre to see this flick. Been waiting a long damn time for it, and it's finally here!!

Who else is going to see it? For those that are waiting, I will put up my thoughts on it immediately following the feature. Which is I 3D. Ooooooooooohhhhh. Threeeeeeee deeeeeeeeeee *waves hands*

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: World War Z

I'm going to see it next week. I was in Valletta when they were filming it (they used Malta as a stand-in for Israel during production) and we had fun watching the helicopters buzzing around over the harbour. Not sure whereabouts in Israel it's set, if it's Jerusalem they must have had fun cropping all the water out.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I'm looking forward to reviews on this. Based on commercials and what i've read about it online it's not World War Z it's World War Brad.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Ok, so the movie! It may sound weird but: It's not a great blockbuster, but a good zombie flick. There are some tense moments, some zombie killing etc. I think making them a swarm is a unique aspect of the Zeds that we haven't really explored before. They really went a little further in depth on what makes them work, and how they operate. Very interesting, and gave me some extra food for thought as far as my personal preparations for the Zombie Apocalypse.

The film does suffer a little bit in some of the scenarios because by now, we have seen it all. You find yourself being able to predict the zombies. "I bet one jumps up to that little window and scares them as they look out"..aaaand there it is. It does go cliche on you, but that doesn't take anything away from the film itself. I just wish that with the amount of time they had, and with this new look at 'swarming zeds' they found a new way to frighten us, or get us to jump.

Yes, it's Brad Pitt, and yes he can fight the zombies. But its not him being Rambo and the film explores his weakness as well as his strengths. Overall, I would recommend it to us Zombie enthusiasts but only if you see it in 3D. There is quite a bit of 'gags' that will be lost if not in 3D such as zombies leaping at faces. It really made it more interactive I guess would be the word. If you like a good startle flick, then this is good for you. It's got zombies, guns, and a bad ass Israeli Defense chick who is tougher than nails. I give it a 3......out of 5. (I'm keeping Xplay alive!)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Did you read the book Dredge? And if so does it follow any of those story lines?
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I did read the books, it follows certain aspects of the book.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Just finished watching it. Unfortunately not in 3D family didn't want to see it in that. Wusses...
              Anyways as dredge said no great block buster but if you enjoy zombie movies go, go, go!
              It is just your general zombie movie. That defense chick is pretty tough and I will keep the rest of my opinions to myself lol.
              Don't want to get forum permissions removed ;)
              A lot of the high action parts are in the trailer. Unfortunately.

Comment

Just got out too.

See it, its good. I won't spoil it anymore than that for a few days.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I saw it this weekend, it was OK. Worth seeing once.

I also saw This is the End too. It was friggin' hilarious and I'll be owning it on Blu-ray.

Comment

Relevant: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/wwz
                    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I've listened to the audio book. I think I might see this.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

After what I've read from reviews and heard from friends... this is just World War Z in name alone. The book is something special, it was something new and unique. Unfortunately, a year ago or so when I saw the trailer and heard the typical action movie WHOOOOOMPPPPPP sound... I knew the movie would be a complete departure from the documentary style of the book.

Oh well.
                        Skud

Comment

Skud that is my only apprehension. I loved the story(s). Pitt is a good actor, but I dunno. Most reviews are stating it's just another zombie movie.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

If you like the genre you will like the movie.

Does it follow the book, no but elements of it are in the story.

The zombies them self and the way one changes is original to this movie.

Its worth the money for 3D
                            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I'll keep that in mind. I do need to find something to do for tomorrow night anyway.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X