Pacific Rim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Rim

Seriously go see this movie, it's incredibly awesome. Giant Robots fighting Giant Monsters in a great sci fi romp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5guMumPFBag

Me and my friends were literally geeking out over this movie the entire time we watched, going to see it a second time.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Pacific Rim

Got you beat Nerd. Saw it at 7:00 on thursday. Loved it so much, I saw it again at 10:00. Then saw it again on Friday night. Havent done that since Jurassic Park when I was a kid. Seriously epic freaking movie.

Comment

I usually a week, I cannot stand people sitting next/behind or in front of me at a theater.

Comment

Looks cool. Why do they need two pilots?
        Viking

Comment

Originally posted by DaViking View Post
          Looks cool. Why do they need two pilots?
          Dual core processing. It also serves a plot function, so I'll leave it at that.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

snoogs gave about all the info you really can without spoiling, quite literally, the first 10 minutes of the movie.

Comment

I posted this on facebook, but it's worth posting here too. The more I see this kind of thing, the more I'm inclined to believe that the overall intelligence level of our country is going down the crapper.

Apparently facebook's resizing made some of the text unreadable, so heres some help:
              Grown Ups 2 - Domestic Tally: $42.5M
              Grown Ups 2 - Foreign Tally: $1.7M
              Pacific Rim - Domestic Tally: $38.3M
              Pacific Rim - Foreign Tally: $53M (Yes, thats fifty three million, 31x what Grown Ups 2 made)

Comment

Saw Pacific Rim this weekend. I'll give it a 6 outta 10 stars.
                You need to completely suspend reality and logical thought when you see it or you'll be knocking off stars like I did.

The two pilot thing is lame, its all for plot function.

This movie, in my opinion, is overrated. I'm not as enthusiastic about it as Ferris.

|

Comment

*trying to keep this spoiler free in public*

I'm curious about this because I've seen other people saying similar things. From a science fiction perspective, I didnt find I had to suspend reality at all. Some of the dialogue could have used improvement, but overall it was well thought out. Hell, even most of the physics were dead on (the way the water and air moves around the jaegers and kaiju was done with actual physics modeling, accounting for both air and water displacement based on movement).

Also, while it may have served a plot function in the movie as a charater point, the two pilot system was actually a design concept that Guillermo Del Toro said he thought of years before writing the script and the plot device was introduced later. Also, subsequent to seeing the movie, I went out and bought a copy of Pacific Rim: Year Zero, which gives significantly expanded backstory on the events leading up to the timeframe of the movie.

Also, just as a point of contention, many of the people who saw the movie and shared the "overrated" opinion didnt pay attention to the smaller details and points that the characters were doling out, but when presented with said details, they changed their opinion.

But I'd love to hear why you felt it was overrated.

Comment

Lets wait a week or two and let a few more folks see it, then we wont have to worry about spoilers.
                    Its tempting to rattle off a few things here but they would spoil it for sure.

I'm surprised this thread isn't more active as Rim is one of this summer's most looked forward too movies from what I've gathered.

|

Comment

Roger that.

Comment

I'll hit you with a PM with an example of my thoughts Ferris...just to see what you say ;)

|

Comment

I too had to let go and not nitpick the obvious physics goofs, huge tactical errors and typical Hollywood action movie additions. But overall I think it is still a good show. Would I see it again in the theater if a friend wanted to see it with me? Sure. See it again for the sake of seeing it again? Nah, wait for it on the home theater.
                          |TG-12th| Sawviper

Comment

I should have let myself go more Saw :)

|

Comment

Thank you for not posting spoilers yet. I like to wait about a week before seeing movies because I hate crowded theaters.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X