Takedown: Red Sabre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takedown: Red Sabre

just got an email and an activation code for steam for this game so if anyone put money down for it, you might want to check your email.

game website is - http://www.serellan.com/

Re: Takedown: Red Sabre

Originally posted by Vitamin187 View Post
    just got an email and an activation code for steam for this game so if anyone put money down for it, you might want to check your email.

game website is - http://www.serellan.com/
    Me too!... Alpha!
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I paid for this and haven't even paid attention. With other games like ARMA 3 and DCS modules on the horizon, I haven't had much care.

Comment

In case people missed it, Takedown is available for $15.00 pre-purchase on Steam and should be coming out in mid September. Anybody up for some old school counter-terrorism coop?

IGN video:

Takedown website:

http://takedownthegame.com/

Comment

Looking forward to it... but I think it's funny how everyone keeps saying this is going to be oh so tactical because Christian Allen is making it, and he's got all this experience with the Original GR and R6 series... when it fact, from my close resources and friends from Red Storm Entertainment from yester-year, It was Christian Allen who came in preaching to make the games more action pack and less tactical... of course, maybe he had a change of heart and this is the big tactical game were all waiting for... I personally hope so, and hope for the best in Takedown. I got it pre-ordered. ;)
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Totalbiscuit preview, looks good, a true tactical FPS

Comment

Looks interesting!

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Reviews make it look like an unfinished game: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/takedown-red-sabre

Comment

I bought it and share TBs view on the game. Major launch day issues, bugs and a lacking interface. Weapon selection is limited to "Loadout 1, 2, 3, 4," - you do not see what's coming with that loadout on the selection screen...

Movement and shooting reminds me very much of good old GR and R6 games. But it needs to be seen if the devs provide post-launch support. Otherwise this could go down the route of "Breach" very quickly, if anyone remembers that fiasco.

former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

This is a broken mess, and no where near the tactical shooter of yester-year as sold to us on Kick Starter... one of the most disappointing releases for me in years. Not even worth the 15 bucks. Shop with care, research first. IMO
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Fehmart told me yesterday that he was KICKED out of single-player, wth? That sounds like a complete mess, I bet the Kickstarter backers are pissed!

Comment

Has anyone managed to get into a match long enough to evaluate the game-play? I'm definitely not defending the dreadful state its been released in but does it still have potential as and when these issues are fixed? Should we be keeping an eye on this or completely writing it off? I had so much hope for it. :(

Comment

I have played about 8 hours of it so far. There are a lot of issues.
                          Here's what i have found so far.

1.Closing the game does not close the game in task manager.
                          2. Ports 7777 to 7778 must be forwarded in your router to host a game. You must port forward 27000 to 27050 to see games.
                          3. The loadout system is broken. It does not correctly save items.( I have read serralans FAQ about pressing Y. THIS DOES NOT WORK 100% of the time.
                          3. Map selection must be chosen twice in a row for it to load that map when hosting a server.
                          4. COOP only supports 6 players, I have had more than 6 join, which then does not allow you to start the mission without kicking them.
                          5. The Devs have unilaterally said they will not be changing the lean function. I'm sorry but this is a total deal breaker for me, not being able to lean and move at the same time is utterly retarded. The Devs say it reflects real life currently and it won't be changed. Are you kidding me!
                          6. Ai are either retarded or incredibly accurate.
                          7. You get given breaching charges as a load out option, awesome hell yeah, except, every single door on every map is already open, so you have to manually close the door first, set the breaching charge, and then enter after it blows. Um8 helloooo, this is a huge cock up.
                          8. I'm sure I could go on for quite a while. The point is, the game should have never released in its current form. Its an beta at the best. I'm sure the Devs will patch a lot if these issues, but right now, I would not recommend the game..... Unless you hate money.
                          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                          Former ARMA Admin
                          Former ARMA TGU instructor
                          Former TGU Headmaster
                          Current Noob
                          Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

http://www.gamespot.com/takedown-red...eview-6414979/

So does this review suit this steaming pile of...? Can it be fixed and made fun?

Comment

...and I was about to buy this.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X