No announcement yet.

Natural Selection 2: Summer Sale through July 22

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection 2: Summer Sale through July 22

As part of Steam's Summer Getaway Sale, Natural Selection 2 is again on sale through July 22 -- down 40% as of this writing.

Build 250 recently dropped, with a TON of changes, and now is a GREAT time to hop into the game as a new player. The game has a LOT of depth, but our TGNS Forums have lots of helpful threads, and you can always ask new questions (or just say Hello!).

"Natural Selection 2 is an immersive, multiplayer shooter that pits aliens against humans in a strategic and action-packed struggle for survival. It seamlessly combines shooter and RTS/strategy gameplay." -- Natural Selection 2 - Steam Store

One of my favorite descriptions of the game is "really fast chess, with guns". In typical RTS fashion, both teams show a top-down "Commander" view to one player per team, and the different tech trees offer plenty of gameplay variety as teams compete for strategic points on the map. As an FPS, it's very satisfying, as coordinated attacks are key to success.

Tactical Gamer's Natural Selection 2 community is well-established, with a server full of regulars and Supporting Members every night. The game includes solid voicecomm. We don't require that you have a microphone, but you must communicate as a team member.

Hope to see some of you in our Natural Selection 2 servers this summer!

Here's a few tips if you're going to join us:

) read our Required Reading, as well as any other threads you might find useful in our TGNS forums

) if you're a Supporting Member, you can spectate some games before playing -- this can be VERY helpful for new learners

) some default key bindings:
    c: show a map of the level
    y: keyboard chat to your team
    left alt: microphone speak to your team
    b: gestate as an alien (this is how you change class and use upgrades your team has acquired)
    f: this is flashlight when you're a marine and "hivesight" when you're alien (hivesight is awesome -- check it out)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed