hard to find some of the music i listen to

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard to find some of the music i listen to

been trying to make a dubstep playlist for my ipod. i got to say, some of the music is really hard to find, been to itunes, amazon.com, zippyshare, beatport, and soundcloud. been doing google for most of them, and found out some are just free which is nice. wish i could just find and buy the songs on one of them instead of going to diffrerent sites lol.

i know dowloading some of these songs for free may be against some people but if you can find a website where i can download every song i have on my youtube playlist i'll buy them. now some of the original songs you can buy, but those are not the ones i'm looking for.
    Last edited by Vitamin187; 07-18-2013, 05:52 PM.

Re: hard to find some of the music i listen to

i'll post some of the songs i listen to -

Comment

Originally posted by Vitamin187 View Post
      been trying to make a dubstep playlist for my ipod. i got to say, some of the music is really hard to find, been to itunes, amazon.com, zippyshare, beatport, and soundcloud. been doing google for most of them, and found out some are just free which is nice. wish i could just find and buy the songs on one of them instead of going to diffrerent sites lol.

i know dowloading some of these songs for free may be against some people but if you can find a website where i can download every song i have on my youtube playlist i'll buy them. now some of the original songs you can buy, but those are not the ones i'm looking for.
      i know the frustration... While this isn't the LEGALLY correct answer, I believe it is MORALLY acceptable; You did everything you could to try and compensate the creator of the content. Sounds like you really hunted for SOMEONE just to take your money to give you what you wanted. It also seems as though THEY failed in making the content available for purchase. Making a copy of a song without depriving anyone else of THEIR copy (infringement is not theft) does not translate into a lost sale if the content isn't available for sale.

I've been having similar struggles with cutting out my DirecTV service and replacing it with Internet-delivered services instead. It gets quite frustrating when certain TV shows I watch are only available as exclusives on Amazon, when I have Netflix. Or a movie I want to buy is only available on iTunes, and not Google Play.

I have a Hulu Plus subscription too, but they don't have an App for Google TV and they INTENTIONALLY detect and block Chrome if used on Google TV so you can't even use the Hulu web site to play the content. We won't even talk about movies that I paid for but then "lost" because the company went out of business and I could no longer access the content. That's a whole new world of angry.

Ultimately; I blame the content gatekeepers. Studios and networks all have their own deals, and ownership interests, in the different delivery services. They don't all cooperate, and they don't even all support the same client-side technology. I shouldn't need to have to maintain 4 different monthly subscriptions and three different client hardware platforms just to access the content.

I'm waiting for Aereo to go live in Rhode Island (which should be REAL soon) as that's a very cheap way to get all your local broadcast channels over the Internet if you live in an area that doesn't get good OTA service. I strongly believe in paying content creators for their works; be it movies, music, books or video games. Unfortunately, I do have issues with movie studios, record labels, some publishers, and their industry associations.

I understand that some of these organizations want to stay alive; but with modern technology and a more advanced way of living, many of them are just simply not necessary. They suck the life and profits away from the actual creators of the content, not to mention HIGHLY overvalue the content that they manage in extreme ways. Youtube is a perfect example. If I spend hours upon hours getting GoPro video on a track day, and then spend four times that amount of time cutting and editing the video to put up on Youtube, should I be able to monetize that video? Now what happens when I take a 30 second audio clip of a song that's protected by copyright? ContentID or DMCA will come down on me, monetize the video FOR me, and then give ALL of my proceeds over to the record label. In their eyes; the entire value of my work rests in the use of that 30 second audio clip. My work is valued at nothing.

This mentality has been creeping into video games as well lately; which is troubling. Nintendo is clamping down on people who film themselves playing games. We even have MODDERS in the ArmA community that feel you need to secure their permission (and payment if monetized) to upload a video of your ArmA gameplay to Youtube if you happen to be running their mod or mission during the filming. I've even seen these people directly threaten (and claimed to have followed through) in making a DMCA claim and having Youtube videos pulled because a certain mod was running on the server when the video was filmed even though the video had nothing to do with the mod at all.

Sorry for the long rant; but your post seemed very general and a polite rant, so I figured I'd just join the party. This is a topic that I have been reading and researching for MANY, MANY, MANY years. So, as I said; I really do feel your pain!
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I listen to blackmill on YouTube. All his music is free to download it use, but he also has released an album you can buy to support him. This gives the best of both worlds. I'm hearing you on the not having content issue Apo. In Australia we have to use GEO unblocks to get access to content that's not available here. A typical song in the US iTunes store is 60-70% cheaper than Australia. They claim its because we're prepared to pay more for content than people in the US. No wonder australia is the biggest pirater of Game of thrones in the world.
        sigpic

Former Pathfinder
        Former ARMA Admin
        Former ARMA TGU instructor
        Former TGU Headmaster
        Current Noob
        Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse