Watch Dogs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Watch Dogs

just wondering if anyone here is thinking of trying this game out when it becomes available..

Trailer

Gameplay Video

Re: Watch Dogs

Had some issues with the download process, one call to Gamestop Customer Support - issue solved; d'ling game, season pass, and bonus pack as I write.

P. S. Not sure whom to thank but I can post again but it does look like it may have been because my subscription was expiring?
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Was debating all day over getting this game. I have decided to wait and put my money towards other things.

Comment

It is a fun game. :)

Comment

After I switch out my SSD's and get the new one in I will be starting my download. So excite!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

8.4 on IGN. That .4 makes all the difference.

I'm still stuck on ancient technology and don't really like buying games new when you can get it for $20 on amazon next year.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
            ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...watchdogs.ctos

Go get the app for when you are at work!

Comment

Picked up the deluxe edition on PS4 and I am really, really impressed. I like open world games but am not a fan of things like Assassins Creed, though Black Flag was better than most of the series. GTA just became repetitive. GTAV was a major disappointment for me personally as other than being initially impressed by the scope and having a few laughs at the writing the actual gameplay was tedious. The heists were the best part of the game and they were few and far between. Both GTA and Assassins Creed felt empty, the surrounding AI felt lifeless. Like a sandbox with no real toys.

This is where Watchdogs differs greatly for me and what makes it a much more enjoyable, vibrant and immersive experience. The city feels much more alive, the ai feel a lot more interactive. The simple mechanic of hacking people's phones/profiles etc links you to the people surrounding you and I found myself just wandering about last night checking out people's stories, essentially in-game people watching. The game mechanics as a whole really reinforce the central theme with the 'Dark Souls' invasion element of the single player where another player can join your campaign game and attempt to hack you. So you're strolling about, maybe your tailing an NPC and all the while you're being followed by another player disguised as another random NPC. The watcher watched. Really cool aspect.

The stealth, driving and action/combat are all pretty solid. I spent quite a bit of time driving round the city using the dashboard/in car view. Very atmospheric at night with the rain and wind and the right music playing on the in car stereo. Followed somebody for a while, hacked their details and then emptied their bank account at an ATM lol, bought myself a H&K416 for later with their money.

That was another interesting element actually, the personal data and how it made me view the NPC's. I found myself making moral choices based on the data. If someone had little money, a average job or had suffered misfortune then I would leave them be. If however they were what I judged to be 'bad' people then I grabbed their info and paid a visit to the ATM to relieve them of their I'll gotten money. That alone was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the shallow 'shoot all the things' moral choices of most sandbox games.

Looking forward to digging deeper into the story, exploring all the additional side mission stuff and giving the multiplayer a whirl.

If you're on the fence about this game I would strongly recommend it to anyone, it does feel like a 'next gen' game to me at least (along with MGSV:Ground Zeroes), 9/10 thus far.

Comment

My son is playing as we speak, after a 24h wait due to the preorder debacle at the playstation store. He loves it! And from what I can gather watching over his shoulder it seems like a solid game if you like the genre.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's great and all. For those of you on the fence, there's nothing here so groundbreaking as to need it for $60. Just wait for a sale.

I really shudder to think what the game looked like before they delayed it for "polishing" though. I would never have guessed any significant work went into that part of development.

Comment

Gave up after half an hour and 1 mission last night. Not sure why it was an issue as it wasn't the night before, but basically when playing my mouse travels over to the 2nd monitor and alt tabs. Also, the controls occasionally stick and he wont stop running. Very frustrating.

Otherwise I like the game, it is good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                        It's great and all. For those of you on the fence, there's nothing here so groundbreaking as to need it for $60. Just wait for a sale.

I really shudder to think what the game looked like before they delayed it for "polishing" though. I would never have guessed any significant work went into that part of development.
                        Actually, it was apparently graphically downgraded from the E3 display versions.
                        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Picked it up yesterday, it has its moments and I was having fun, but the driving it in was difficult for me, always peeling out, crashing into things cause the mechanics feel slow. but I did notice like in GTA when you go to turn, the wheels just jump to position, where in watchdogs it's like you are turning the steering wheel and it actually takes a second to make the rotation, NO power steering lol. No next gen but still a good game.

Comment

To me it feels like Ubisoft combined SplinterCell and Assassin's Creed into one game. It's an enjoyable game but it feels like it lacks something I can't quite put my finger on. The driving feels extremely weird to me, it's like they attempted a realistic approach then said "Screw it" half way through.

Comment

I dislike the popping in the game (where street lights and people and cars pop into view). Everything pops into view at such a short range that I sometimes get into a bad accident.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X