Request for Comment - > Ruger SR22 Pistol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Comment - > Ruger SR22 Pistol

I had discussed this pistol briefly with a few other TG'rs earlier in the year, but I am intersted in the crowd-opinion. Does anyone have experience with the Ruger SR22? It fits my hand rather well, as a matter of fact, I cannot remember another time when a grip felt so natural.

How well does it stand up to rounds? Weather? What flaws does it have, what pro's?

I've read and watched reviews, but I am curious as to what my TG community has to add.

Any experience, encouragement, or warning is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

-Dimitrius

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Buy it and you won't ever look back. Make the Sig Mosquito look like trash in every regard.
    It will digest most .22 ammo without malfunction. That is better than most .22 autos on the market.
    Last edited by Sarcoma; 09-19-2013, 06:26 PM.
    Sarcoma.

Comment

Re: Request for Comment - > Ruger SR22 Pistol

Probably not what you want to hear, but my wife loves that gun. She has shot it several times, suppressed.

As for you liking it, that is a win already. beyond that, you probably wont find a better value on the market if you were to compare it similar pistols....
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
        Buy it and you won't ever look back.
        That seems to be the consensus

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
        Probably not what you want to hear, but my wife loves that gun.
        Not at all C, I don't care who likes what caliber. If it fits it fits.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

D

My thoughts on the Ruger . . . Awesome gun, excellent trigger action, works with about every type of round. Peel from clip to chamber is not so dramatic that there is jamming issue (a problem with the S&W), it works well in about every environment (but keep it clean anyway), disassembles easy and cleans easily (no hidden traps for gunk). and Ruger is known for the quality of their guns.

At the end of the day if it feels good in the hand (fits you well) it's the gun for you. In my group we say "the owner does not pick the gun the gun picks the owner" and it looks like this one has chosen you.

Another to consider (IMHO) is the Walther P22 - same specs as above and it has some bigger brothers as well . . . like the P99 . . . MMMMMMM

Hope this helps. . . . now when do we talk about 1000M guns???? . . . . .lol

MadSoloSniper

Comment

Thanks for the input Solo. I've held S&W's, USP Compacts, Walther's, Kaltecs, Sigs(I own a Mosquito and I don't care what anyone says, I love it), Glocks, and Desert Eagles. I own a Jericho 941 in 9mm as well.

But when I held the SR22, I was like, "Man, this is an amazing fit." I think I actually said that out loud and the young man who was helping me said the same thing. They didn't have one to rent on their range and I've not had the time to get out to JRs or Buffalo to see if there's any there(Being a local, you should know those names.), but I think I might just cold purchase this .22.

Some pistols feel like I'm holding a piece of oddly shaped metal in my palrm, but this gun makes me feel like I can feel it as if it were an extension of my hand.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X