Any Charter Arms experience here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Charter Arms experience here?

I apparently inherited a Charter Arms Police Bulldog .38sp from my grandparents, the serial number lands it to late 70's, early 80's, before Charter Arms was bought out. The action is stiff as hell (hasn't been fired more than a hundred times), with a few other kinks (the gun doesn't like being fired single action), and I was thinking of tracking down a gunsmith in the area to take a look at it.

When it comes to getting a revolver tuned up, what the price range i should be looking at? Should i go to the sporting goods places or stick to independent smiths?
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

I do a bit of smithing myself. First off: Nothing wrong with a Charter Arms, please check with Charter BEFORE using any +P or +P+ ammo in your model.
    A disassembly and cleaning plus checking the timeing sould cost less than a hundred, depends where you live. It is legal to send the pistol thru UPS or FedX for work so try the web if you can't find a local smith.
    Sarcoma
    Sarcoma.

Comment

Re: Any Charter Arms experience here?

I do know about the issues with an older pistol and +P ammunition. I'm target shooting with this thing, and .38 is already pricey enough in these parts.
      |TG-6th|SirNerd

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Any luck with a local smith?
        Sarcoma.

Comment

Found a guy who lives ten minutes away, by the name of Andy. He's well known in these parts and has been smithing for the past 30 years. Going to be seeing him Tuesday morning.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

Comment

Sweet.
            Sarcoma.

Comment

I'll post pictures of the revolver when everything's said and done.
              |TG-6th|SirNerd

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X