Tom Clancy dead at 66... RIP.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Clancy dead at 66... RIP.

R.I.P. Tom Clancy... and thanks for years of entertainment. (Books and video games.)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Tom Clancy dead at 66... RIP.

That man could not write inter-personal dialouge to save his life, but boy could he weave a plot.

Personally, The Hunt for Red October and the Cardinal of the Kremlin will be tied for my favorite novels of his.

Followed closely by The Sum of All Fears and then Rainbow Six.

A very talented author will be missed.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I am sad to see this happen. I enjoyed his works and the many weaves he wove...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

In a few years, once the massive US Gov't coverup unravels, we'll find out the truth - that he was done in by a commando unit of Guatemalan revolutionaries, whose motives appeared to be an attempt to prevent the exposure of the largest drug-running ring in Central America, which was silently funding their revolution. But that motive was only a carefully crafted ruse, the whole op was bankrolled by the Russians, who were trying to prevent the exposure of their next-generation stealthy STOL troop transport, which Clancy had uncovered during a resource-gathering trip to Nicaragua.

I'm going to miss those stories. Rainbow Six, Red Rabbit, The Bear and the Dragon... There's not a story of his I didn't enjoy. Rest in Peace.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Wow, I hadn't heard that news until reading this. :(

Only 66? Too young for such a great light to be extinguished...

Strait, a fitting tribute. :) Will rep tomorrow when I'm not on Tapatalk.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Such a shame, a great writer. Red Storm Rising blew my mind, and I still maintain if followed properly it would make the greatest 6 hour movie ever made.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X