Gauss Gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauss Gun

Saw this on my front page of my Youtube account, thought it was pretty cool -

Re: Gauss Gun

OOOh! I think I found my new personal defense weapon for the zombie apocalypse!
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Epic!

Comment

If he can get the timing right, he can reverse the flow through a coil once the projectile has passed the mid point which would then push the projectile forward into the next coil as the next coil is already pulling. It should increase the muzzle velocity. As he explained it, all coils are only being used in a pull fashion and only one on at a time.

Comment

O_O Oh my goodness, I need to go change my pants now. If he could incorporate spin into the rifle, which would stabilize the round mid-flight and enhance accuracy, I think we would have our new, standard issue gun.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
            If he can get the timing right, he can reverse the flow through a coil once the projectile has passed the mid point which would then push the projectile forward into the next coil as the next coil is already pulling. It should increase the muzzle velocity. As he explained it, all coils are only being used in a pull fashion and only one on at a time.
            I wonder if he used a tightly wound coil of electric magnets, he could incorporate spin into the projectiles and made them more stable rather than just flinging them at things. Though, I'd rather not have it at full auto for that arrangement.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Cool! I wantz one!

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
              [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
              [support]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement