Are you planning on buying BF4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you planning on buying BF4?

Just personally curious what the spread :)
    I preordered
    56.10%
    Probably Yes
    19.51%
    Probably No
    12.20%
    Definitely not.
    12.20%

Re: Are you planning on buying BF4?

After being disappointed by a few EA titles, I wanted to get my hands on the game first before making the purchase. Once I played with a few of you guys in the beta, I knew I was in. The preorder discount found by W6 pretty much made preordering an easy decision.

Comment

Played the alpha, waited for confirmation on Voip and then I pre-ordered. It seems like they have found the correct mix between 2142 and BF3. Playing the beta I m amazed at how much effort has gone in to rewarding teamplay and playing the objective.
      sigpic

Comment

Preordering tomorrow, been so busy playing the Beta I forgot I hadn't ordered already. Was always going to purchase regardless, playing the Beta with fellow TG'rs just confirmed what I had hoped for.

It's not just the big stuff that has me smiling like VoIP, 5 man squads and CO etc, it's the little stuff and the things that are hard to quantify that are so important as parts of a whole. The pacing of battles, the far better class/kit design, the weapons balancing and customisation, the possibility of much more depth etc. So many features I wanted appear to have been implemented, even in the beta, which is a very old build of the game.

So looking forward to release and playing this with our community.

Comment

Gonna be a while before I can get my copy, but yeah... I've played every BF game that's ever been released. Why stop now? Especially when TGBF seems to be coming back...

:)

Mom
          Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
          Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
          Forever Perplexed

Comment

Dropped my $110 on the preorder
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I've been happy with the gameplay so far. My only hang up is the price. As anyone who played BF3 knows after the first month or so you will have a hard time finding servers after the first expansion drops. Thus forcing you to go premium if you want to keep playing it.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Moved to General Discussion forum for broader visibility.

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
                  ... I m amazed at how much effort has gone in to rewarding teamplay and playing the objective.
                  I completely agree with this. Although I am not a fan of the beta map for conquest. Sure the skyscraper falling is a cool effect but when your whole team is just having a snipe fest on top of buildings it gets pretty boring really quick. I have stuck to domination due to the close squad based tactics that are required. When the team decides to start shooting down the birds flying up in the skies I'll switch over. As of now I am enjoying domination :)

Comment

No. BF3 left a bad taste in my mouth and EA isn't going to get my money so easy. If...IF the gameplay and maps are well received in a few months I may purchase. For now PlanetSide has the edge and its free to play.
                    Sarcoma.

Comment

BF4 is free, just pay 60 dollars or so, then its free to play :D

Comment

Hell yes I am
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Nope. Played the beta for a while. Didn't like what I saw, uninstalled. Reinstalled today (due to some sort of patch?). Still don't like it.

Removal of suppression to appease the run-and-gunners ruined the gunplay, in my opinion. I don't want to be part of that. Plus the "awesome" 5 man squads... Planetside 2's 60-man platoons have completely spoiled me. Even in a 64-person server, Shanghai feels very empty. Keep in mind, I'm coming from a game that can have hundreds of players attacking/defending a single objective at the same time.

My own opinion: that the game is crap. I also don't want to be part of a game that's going to fragment the playerbase purposefully with the upcoming map packs.

Comment

I preordered the base game a couple days ago. I plan on getting Premium in the near future as well, when my wallet allows. I don't have the beta though. The chore involved with switching over to 64 bit Windows (I'm running 32 bit and from what I understand, the beta requires 64 bit) is outweighing the motivation to play the beta right now. haha.
                            |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
                              Nope. Played the beta for a while. Didn't like what I saw, uninstalled. Reinstalled today (due to some sort of patch?). Still don't like it.

Removal of suppression to appease the run-and-gunners ruined the gunplay, in my opinion. I don't want to be part of that. Plus the "awesome" 5 man squads... Planetside 2's 60-man platoons have completely spoiled me. Even in a 64-person server, Shanghai feels very empty. Keep in mind, I'm coming from a game that can have hundreds of players attacking/defending a single objective at the same time.

My own opinion: that the game is crap. I also don't want to be part of a game that's going to fragment the playerbase purposefully with the upcoming map packs.
                              Suppression is still very much alive in the game
                              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X