New MMORTS: Novus Aeterno - Finishing with Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MMORTS: Novus Aeterno - Finishing with Kickstarter

We've created a new sci-fi MMORTS - Novus AEterno, and launched a Kickstarter to polish it for our public release (it's already playable).

Novus AEterno combines empire building with tactical and strategic RTS combat. All within a single massive, persistent multiplayer game universe.

Our Kickstarter project is: Novus AEterno

The funds will let us devote more developers and resources to improving features and completing the final features.

If you're into RTS or Space-based games, we'd really appreciate your support if a MMORTS excites you.

Feel free to ask me any questions, and I'll pass them along.

Re: New MMORTS: Novus Aeterno - Finishing with Kickstarter

interesting to see that you would post here.

Curious, but what do you plan to do for persistent game universes? Is this something where each server farm maintains a certain number of allotted players and they play on that server only? Just curious how that would turn out for persistent universes.

Other persistent world kind of stuff that allowed building turned into some really weird and less than enjoyable stuff.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

On a sort of side note this game reminds me of the browser game Ogame I played back in Highschool (I actually attempted to play it this year but life got in the way). Indeed it also reminds me of a E4 game series in Sword of the Stars (with the ability to customize the ships as well as command an empire).

I'll look into this over the break, seems really interesting.

That all being said; Ogame was rough. It was an always online RTS that was more about numbers and logistics than much else (well most war is really). However, a person could lose everything if they weren't paying attention or slipped up or lost internet connection at an inoppurtune time. What is the goal of moving this into the brave new world of Always On connected gaming? Will it be highly competitive, would there be protections for people's things?, what time scales are we talking about? Will smartphones or tablets without graphical processing be able to have limited control of the empire (to benefit people who can not be at a computer all day?).

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post

Curious, but what do you plan to do for persistent game universes? Is this something where each server farm maintains a certain number of allotted players and they play on that server only? Just curious how that would turn out for persistent universes.

Other persistent world kind of stuff that allowed building turned into some really weird and less than enjoyable stuff.
        The game is set up so that all players are playing in the same universe at all times. So, if there are 30000 people playing, they will all be playing in the same universe and could all meet up in the same place if they were trying to do so. There are multiple servers of course to spread the load, but the players will not notice this at all.

The persistent game will supported by a robust AI system that will take over your ships when you log-out, acting as have determined the AI should behave. You also don't have to be afraid to lose your empire while you sleep because the AI might not be able to deal with the human opponents. AI controlled ships will respawn every so often to keep defending your planets for you, so you won’t lose your fleet every night.

Planets can also take a pretty long time to capture, depending on the time you have owned it for. Your oldest planets might take days to capture, so at most you can loose some of the newly colonized ones to enemies, but those would be vulnerable to counter attack from you too!

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
          On a sort of side note this game reminds me of the browser game Ogame I played back in Highschool (I actually attempted to play it this year but life got in the way). Indeed it also reminds me of a E4 game series in Sword of the Stars (with the ability to customize the ships as well as command an empire).

I'll look into this over the break, seems really interesting.

That all being said; Ogame was rough. It was an always online RTS that was more about numbers and logistics than much else (well most war is really). However, a person could lose everything if they weren't paying attention or slipped up or lost internet connection at an inoppurtune time. What is the goal of moving this into the brave new world of Always On connected gaming? Will it be highly competitive, would there be protections for people's things?, what time scales are we talking about? Will smartphones or tablets without graphical processing be able to have limited control of the empire (to benefit people who can not be at a computer all day?).
          Most of your question was in my other reply. About the mobile devices comment; we have looked into it. It largely depends on how well the game preforms both here on Kickstarter and on release. It's definitly a possibility, especially for management stuff.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X