Thoughts and Prayers for those targeted by Hurricane Katrina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts and Prayers for those targeted by Hurricane Katrina

My thoughts and prayers are offered up for all people and TG members that are in the path of hurricane Katrina.
    |Former TG-7th|Clorox

[age-c1][conduct][sniper]

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for those targeted by Hurricane Katrina

rgr that! :)

My mother is visiting. She lives smack dab between the gulf and the lake. She brought many things in anticipation of pretty much coming home to a destroyed house.

Time will tell.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Clorox
      My thoughts and prayers are offered up for all people and TG members that are in the path of hurricane Katrina.
      My family and I will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I feel sorry for any of the sad souls who are up there right now, still partying down.

Comment

It won't be fun. She passed over us on the first run across FL. Thank Goodness she is going North now. And at the same time its terrible for the people in her new path.

They are a powerful force.

Comment

All signs point to this hurricane devastating, if not completely destroying, the city of New Orleans. If we have any TG members there, I certainly hope that they're already out of the city.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected as well.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but this could very well turn out to be the biggest natural disaster to ever hit the states.

A very large portion of New Orleans could go under (I heard they could expect atleast 15 feet of water). Gasoline prices will be going up 20 to 30 cents in the next month atleast. This storm is shutting down the Gulf of Mexico oil rigs. If it destroys the refineries and the off-loading section of the oil industry in Louisiana and Mississippi, the available petroleum in the USA will be cut off by 25% for at least three to six months, or longer. At 175 mph, nearly every structure in the path of the eye wall will suffer major damage, even catastrophic curtain wall failure. Itís possible for multi-story office buildings or condos to collapse, not to mention flooding the immense flooding.

Even if the storm weakens to a Cat 4, it can still devastate the area. I can expect that this storm could result in a death toll of several hundreds. Even with advance notice people just donít evacuate.

Again, my thoughts and prayers to everyone in its path.

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Comment

i wonder how many times in recorded history that the same hurricane hit US soil twice

Comment

My mother has taken something to help her sleep, as all she can think about is losing everything in her house.

New Orleans -- the city in general -- has an awful problem with termites. My mother has a very large oak tree in the back yard which is largely hollow and (I'm told this is typical of oaks?) has a very shallow root base. Let's hope the 160 MPH winds hit that tree in such a fashion as to send it away from her house and not through it.

If the tree doesn't destroy the house, she's one mile south of Ponchatrain's banks and not many more miles than that north of the Gulf. She's in one of the "best flood plains" in the city, I'm told, but the entire city is below sea level, which means this is, as the category 5 descriptor says: "Catastrophic."

It may take quite some time to find the good in the next 24 hours.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Is there anyway we can temporarily sticky this thread for the duration of the storm?
                    |Former TG-7th|Clorox

Comment

yeah im crossing my fingers so that everything will be alright for any folks out there. Im listening to the news right now an dhave been for 3 hours. they said the whole city of new orleans could be submerged. :( :( hope to god not

Comment

Originally posted by SilverStealth89
                        yeah im crossing my fingers so that everything will be alright for any folks out there. Im listening to the news right now an dhave been for 3 hours. they said the whole city of new orleans could be submerged. :( :( hope to god not
                        Yes, it's not looking good.
                        |Former TG-7th|Clorox

Comment

Originally posted by Clorox
                          Is there anyway we can temporarily sticky this thread for the duration of the storm?
                          Unfortunately, I don't think that'll be necessary... I think it'll be the main topic of discussion for at least the next 24 hours...
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Yeah, the whole thing in general worries me.

And about my former post in this topic- I realize it may have come off as rude to some people, and though I'm not sure why, I didn't intend it to.

Comment

I don't think it was rude. I just read a news article where several people were interviewed. I guess quite a few bars are still open and people have said that if they're going to die now, they want to die with a Hurricane in their hands, partying on Bourbon Street...
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X